Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP! Installed Tick MC, where is bleeder??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Installed Tick MC, where is bleeder??

I've been searching for the past hour to find the bleeder screw on the tranny/bell housing and CANNOT FIND IT. I followed the sticking clutch pedal write up but the picture showing where the hole in the car does not show up. I want to drill my car but cannot find the right location to drill. PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

there is a hole right above where the master line plugs in. in that hole is the bleeder and only way to get to it is a 10mm socket i think. you can drill you trans tunnet and get to it alot easier and bleed it yourself but i would recommend getting the remote bleeder...much better option
Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

What is the remote bleeder? I went and got a Mity Vac, I didnt get any bubbles when using this. I tried to bench bleed the MC before putting it in, I guess I got all the air out already? I still want to do traditional bleed to flush old fluid out.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ChvyCruzen
What is the remote bleeder? I went and got a Mity Vac, I didnt get any bubbles when using this. I tried to bench bleed the MC before putting it in, I guess I got all the air out already? I still want to do traditional bleed to flush old fluid out.
Get a REMOTE BLEEDER. A remote bleeder is just a line running from where the bleeder screw installs on the slave. It has a fitting on the end that has a 1 way valve inside. You route the line to somewhere (engine bay, frame ect). You open the valve fitting then press the clutch and bleed out the air. The valve inside the fitting closes when it loses pressure Thus keeping the hydraulics air tight.

http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...ulics/#bleeder
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jcobra99
Get a REMOTE BLEEDER. A remote bleeder is just a line running from where the bleeder screw installs on the slave. It has a fitting on the end that has a 1 way valve inside. You route the line to somewhere (engine bay, frame ect). You open the valve fitting then press the clutch and bleed out the air. The valve inside the fitting closes when it loses pressure Thus keeping the hydraulics air tight.

http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...ulics/#bleeder
I thought the transmission had to be removed to install that? Joey from Tick Perf. told me it had to be removed to install that remote bleeder.