Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Issue

I read a thread where someone stated that their clutch would drop to the floor after sitting over night. Well I have the same problem only it doesnt happen when it sits over night... My clutch drops to withing about 5 inches or so from the floor in the car when I do some aggresive driving. It doesnt even matter what gear I'm in. I was on the freeway doing about 50... when i went to get on it, the clutch dropped. I litterally have to put my left foot under it and and pull it back out to get some pressure. I'm wondering if anyone can relate to this and shed some light. I'm thinking slave/master cylinder? Can anyone shed some light on how much I'd be looking at for repairs?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, its a hydraulic problem, most likely the master I believe. If you do it yourself, below are the prices for stock replacements. I would go with an adjustable master though. If you plan on someday modifying your car or upgrading your clutch, an adjustable will help out alot. I have the Tick Master cylinder, its an awesome piece and fixes the high rpm shifting problems with these cars. Its a pricey master, but well worth it, check out the reviews on it.

Speed Inc
Clutch Hydraulics
Factory replacement hydraulics.

itemno description price buy
SI-N350125 F-Body Master Cylinder $99.99 buy
SI-N360058 F-Body Slave Cylinder $114.99 buy