Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New build....small issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New build....small issues

before I had all my drivetrain work done, I was having issues getting the car into gears, clutch pedal was dying so....

I had tick perf. do a lvl 2 rebuild on my t-56, put in a monster lvl 3 clutch/PP/and flywheel, replaced with new slave, T/O bearing and pilot bearing...set-up has about 500 miles on it now...today I noticed when I go into 2nd and 3rd that I can hear a very light quick grind sometimes. also for the first time today when the car was in "N" I heard some kind of a chatter or rattle while idleing, pushed the clutch in, went away...almost same sound when someone's throwout bearing goes bad...

now with all this new stuff, I shouldn't have any issues...only thing we didn't replace was the stock master cyl. ( I have a tick one ). didn't install cause looks like a hard job

anyone know why my T-56 could be acting alil crazy? is it the master cyl? should I bleed it again? I know my hydraulic fluid is pure black when you take the cap off, defently old stuff there...

thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offroadfury6
I know my hydraulic fluid is pure black when you take the cap off, defently old stuff there...

thanks
I think you just answered your own question.