Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stubborn Shifting

Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stubborn Shifting

I've had this issue for a while, it's not as bad as it used to be now that I've upgraded bits of my drivetrain, but it's still annoying and holding me back. When I try to WOT shift, I'll put the clutch in at the right time and everything, but the shifter itself will get stuck halfway into gear for a solid second before going all the way into gear. No grinding, so whining. The shifter just gets stuck for a second. Is this a hydraulic issue, or an internal transmission issue?

As of right now, I've got a Monster Stage 3 Clutch, along with a new slave and the transmission has fresh Dex III, all done 1000 miles ago.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

Did you do the "drill-mod" on the line from the master to the slave? If not this could be part of the issue. Of course, internal transmission issues are also a possibility if this affects a single gear. If it affects multiple gears than this is more than likely a problem with fluid transfer moreso than a trans issue. Let me know a bit more about the situation and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Did you do the "drill-mod" on the line from the master to the slave? If not this could be part of the issue. Of course, internal transmission issues are also a possibility if this affects a single gear. If it affects multiple gears than this is more than likely a problem with fluid transfer moreso than a trans issue. Let me know a bit more about the situation and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks!
It happens in every gear, especially the 2-3 shift. Also, when I let off from WOT, It takes me about 3-5 seconds before I can shift into 6th or a normal gear.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard it was the master cylinder that does this. It's embarrassing when you are trying to race someone and it does this.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

It is certainly possible that this is relative to a weak and or failing Master cylinder or slave cylinder. But, you didn't reply relative to my question about the "drill-mod". Is it done?
Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the exact exact exact same problem its terrible i just ordered a tick master cylinder ill see if it fixes it cause my oem slave only has about 5k on it

Search this Thread