Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Any reason this won't work? (clutch hydraulics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any reason this won't work? (clutch hydraulics)

I'm doing a 4l60E to T56 swap in my LS1 SS, and have everything I need either already delivered or on its way to be delivered this week. The only thing I'm not sure of is my clutch master setup, and looking for some confirmation that it will work alright.

When I ordered my spec clutch, fly wheel, ect...I opted for the included slave/throw out and for a clutch master. Well of course the fluid reservoir and clutch line to the slave aren't included. I found and ordered the line, but when I went to the dealership to get a couple parts they didn't have a separate part number for the reservoir and said I couldn't get it separately. I ended up finding a part number for an LS2 GTO clutch master reservoir for $19 and ordered that. I'm hoping I can make that work.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Any hyd (brake fluid) compatible reservoir will work, it's just the differences on how they look, and mount. You can even use motorcycle brake reservoirs to add some bling to your engine bay. It's important that any hose used to connect the reservoir be brake fluid compatible... Any rubber hose will quickly eat away and ruin your master and slave..
Old 08-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
Any hyd (brake fluid) compatible reservoir will work, it's just the differences on how they look, and mount. You can even use motorcycle brake reservoirs to add some bling to your engine bay. It's important that any hose used to connect the reservoir be brake fluid compatible... Any rubber hose will quickly eat away and ruin your master and slave..
Those were kind of my thoughts as well, thank you for confirming them. I didn't want any surprises once I got started.

Thanks again!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a stock Camaro reservoir you can buy