Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hydraulic Line Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Line Please help

Hopefully someone can help me because I am getting very frustrated! I have an 00 ls1 camaro. Had to pull the tranny to have it rebuilt. Could not get the quick disconnect out from the slave for my life so I disconnected it at the master and pulled it out with the tranny. Was able to get it off once out of the car. Of course with my luck I lost the line and this is where the bs begins. Apparently the line was not factory. It had a quick disconnect on the end that looked exactly like http://www.mcleodracing.com/images_products/5208.jpg the bottom one with the O-ring in the pic. The other end was a banjo fitting. There is a line coming off the master to a remote connecting site that accepts the Banjo fitting. So I went to the bone yard pulled a stock line cut the end off and attached the proper size banjo. Get home hook the banjo up drop the line go under the car and cannot get the damn quick connect to attach. So my question is: Does McLeod use a special fitting or something that is different from factory, or is there just a trick to getting the line to attach? Any help would be amazing. My simple tranny re-build has turned into a nightmare!

Justin
Old 08-15-2010, 03:26 PM

I got the paper work out that came with the car when I purchased it and It has a McLeod ajustable master in it. So I guess the question is do they use some special quick connect fitting?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:48 PM

So went out and worked on it again today. Took the metal lock assembly out from inside the port on the slave and made sure all the fingers were in good shape and made sure it fits around the quick connect fitting which it did. Put it back in and still can not get the quick connect fitting to lock in place. WTF am I doing wrong here? How much force has to be applied before the damn fitting locks? Someone out there has to have some info on this. I would love to find the engineer at GM who thought this was a good idea and kick him square in the *****!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crack open the bleeder to relieve the pressure on the slave and try it again.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:49 PM

Hava, thanks for the reply. I tried cracking the bleeder and now when I push the fitting in I am getting some fluid coming out which I assume is a good thing. I read the thread on here devoted to clutch line connection and I've came to the conclusion im going t have to figure out a way to pry the fitting to get it to lock. I should have done some homework ahead of time and I never would have left the quick connect on there and I would have extended the bleeder. Live and learn.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stock slave i can get you the quick disconnect from. Is this the kind of line you were looking for:

... Pm for info ...

You can put whatever banjo fitting you need on the end.

Last edited by danbo313; 08-17-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Removed Link
Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 AM
FormerVendor

The line kit you need is a 139212. It comes with a 23" stainless an-4 braided line & a GM male quick disconnect fitting on one side and a an-4 female JIC fitting on the other end. The kit also comes with a an-4 male to roll pin fitting to adapt the line to your master cylinder. All of this is plug n play.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM

Thank you for the replies. I have the line itself figured out. I was able to splice a factory gm quick disconnect from the boneyard to the McLeod banjo with some hydraulic fittings. The issue now is that I can not for the life of me get the quick connect to seat. I have pushed and pushed and cussed and thrown **** then drank and tried again, all to no avail. A local Ls1 head told me to vice grip the end of the fitting and tap it in with a hammer till it seats, so this is my game plan for tomorrow. Im at the the point where I can only work on the car for 30 mins at a time till I lose patients. I really hate to have it towed to a shop to have a clutchline installed but that may be what I resort too lol. I can imagine the **** I will get now. Forever known as he who can not install clutch line.

Quick Reply: Hydraulic Line Please help