Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch or Tick?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch or Tick?

Im having issues with my clutch pedal at the track. 3rd and 4th gear are difficult to engage and sometimes im unable to get the car into 4th at all. After a run my pedal is spongy and sometimes stays to the floor for a few seconds then releases back up. My clutch fluid is black Ive tried the ranger method but it doesn't seem to help it just stays black. The clutch is a LS6 clutch with 15k miles on it. It shows no signs of slipping at all during a pass. The car is around 380-400rwhp. The reason Im telling you all this is I need to decide if I should switch to a LS7 clutch to try and fix the problem or buy a tick mc and hope that fixes it.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

I had the same problem. Some people will say the drill mod will help, or you need to replace the slave, or you need an adjustable master. I ended up replacing the clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, slave, master and doing the drill mod. Ive had no problem since then.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try a tick master cylinder first, since that will be cheaper and easier to change than a clutch. And if that doesnt solve the problem then look into getting a clutch.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

A Tick Master is always a great upgrade! Also keep in mind that you are pushing the limits of the LS6 clutch and that you will have to upgrade in the future.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Teching In

You can never go wrong with the Tick Performance Master Cylinder. It solved all my problems and apparently a whole heck of alot people out there!!! It's worth the investment!!