Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Know where to get stock slave cyl bleeder only?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Know where to get stock slave cyl bleeder only?

My speed bleeder line burnt up today, literally. Its not braided steel, thought it was, looked like it was, nope, its not. Anyway I was sitting at the stop light at a very busy intersection when 5 seconds before the light goes green, my clutch pedal just falls to the floor and I see smoke coming from the hood. It took me a minute, but I realized what had happened here, brake fluid leaking onto the exhaust and causing smoke. Called a wrecker and waited about 15-20 minutes. When he was no where in sight like they said he would be, this was in rush hour traffic at a very busy intersection, I said F it and threw it in first and fired it up and limped it home, which is < 1 mile away. Dispatch gave me an ETA of 5-10 minutes tops, and I got tired of the idiots honking.

Anyway, so yea the speed bleed line is fubar, completely in (2) pieces. I do not want to remove the transmission to install another one, so does anyone know where I can find the factory bleed assembly?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the steel bleeding stem that is removed from the slave in order to install a speed bleeder line?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Greekey
Are you talking about the steel bleeding stem that is removed from the slave in order to install a speed bleeder line?
Yup, appearantly it's M10 x 1.5. Maybe I'll just get a metric x npt adapter and then use some fittings and a line to make it easier to change things in the future.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one. Let me know if I can help.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man, I may take you up on that, but I got to thinking and I think I am going to make my own.

I can cut off the rest of the speed bleed line as close to the housing as I can and I should be able to get a deep socket on the rest from inside the car to remove it. I cut (2) 1" holes in the floor before I had the speed bleed to bleed the system.

I was originally going to just get another speed bleed line, BUT I would definitely have to remove the transmission to do so, not worth it to replace a part that will give me no better performance than what I was already used to. Then I was going to just replace it with the stock bleeder stem assembly, BUT even with the hole, that is a major PITA. I would end up still getting fluid all over the inside of my car, inadequate bleed, etc.

SO, what I think I am going to do is get a M10 x 1.5 male x 3/8 x 24 NPT male adapter with a new crush washer, then a 3/8" x 24 female x female coupling, then a 3/8" x 24 female x female 90 and run a short hose off of that with the end fitting of the speed bleed's valve. Then I can go ahead and try and find a stealership with the heat shield and bolts and put that back up there. Then if I ever have problems again, I can disassemble it without having to destroy anything. The only way anyone would be able to get the speed bleed hose off without removing the transmission would be to cut the hose short enough so you could get a super deep socket over the end.

Quick Reply: Know where to get stock slave cyl bleeder only?