Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal falling towards floor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal falling towards floor!!!

About a month ago my clutch pedal started creeping towards the floor at high Rpm. So my first guess was that the slave was worn! It was a little different than slave problems I have had in the past though. In prior instances the pedal would go to the floor and i would have to pick it back up with my toe and pump the clutch back up for the pedal to hold up. This would occur under regular driving in traffic when the clutch pedal was getting alot of action though. On this one it falls to the floor then I pick it back up with my toe and it stays up. No pumping required. I purchased and installed a new GM slave and it is still doing the same thing. The car has a Tick adjustable master in it so i dont think that it is worn out. The clutch is a stock clutch. It does have tons of material left on it and hardly any hard spots. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?? Its only when the car hits higher rpm's before a shift. Its not after the shift it is before! which puzzled me. It goes to the floor without me touching it at high Rpm. But under regular driving conditions it is perfect. Could adjusting the master out fix this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Blake
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Pressure plate maybe?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

you may be experincing a leak in the hydraulic line somwhere that isnt showin itself until under extreme temps?...
Old 09-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

The fluid level never changes. I'm leaning towered the pressure plate! Thank you!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

i had a preesue plate do that o me
Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Mine is doing the same thing. I put a new slave in bled the living crap out of it. I put a tick remote bleeder in the same time and I ran a bottle and a half through. Mine only does it usually shifting into 4th when I shift through first second and third. I have a Monster level 3 coming, so hopefully it fixes it.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

I hate to hear about your misfortune. But I'm glad in not the only one who has had this problem. I will swap the clutch out in the next couple weeks!