Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

"Drill Mod" gone wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Drill Mod" gone wrong?

OK, so here is my problem:

I did the drill mod today, flushed fluid through it to free of any debris. Re-assembled and I get nothing. I tried gravity bleeding until I saw fluid dripping out of the bleeder for about a min (keeping the reservoir full). I noticed fluid coming out of the bottom of the bell housing too..?

To top off my excellent experience, my slippery paws dropped a short 1/4" socket into the bell housing trying to find the bleeder to begin with.. WTF!

Any input or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NVmyZ
OK, so here is my problem:

I did the drill mod today, flushed fluid through it to free of any debris. Re-assembled and I get nothing. I tried gravity bleeding until I saw fluid dripping out of the bleeder for about a min (keeping the reservoir full). I noticed fluid coming out of the bottom of the bell housing too..?

To top off my excellent experience, my slippery paws dropped a short 1/4" socket into the bell housing trying to find the bleeder to begin with.. WTF!

Any input or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Man that sucks! Sounds like you're going to need to pull the tranny to get that socket out. Might as well replace the slave and add a remote bleeder. That will make your life a helluva lot easier.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 PM

I got the socket out and the clutch bled. Car is back to driving condition. A little less notchy but still hangs up going into 3rd hard. O well. Hopefully the car sells tomorrow either way.

Quick Reply: "Drill Mod" gone wrong?