Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problems shifting at the track

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems shifting at the track

Hey there guys I am fairly sure that I will need a slave but I wanted to post to get some opinions. The problem Im having is the last time I went to the track after a good burnout I lined up and took off the clutch grabs great even with the et streets on but as soon as I go for second it completely locks me out. No grinding or any noise just wont go. After doing this twice I drove home and before getting all the way there I tried it just for ***** and it shifted great. Could this be that when I am doing the burnout it is heating up the slave to much and when its time to hit second it wont dissengage the clutch? I would think that this would happen for all gears but it will slide into third.
Any help or suggestions would be great.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

What kind of clutch? Does your pedal go soft? Does your clutch fluid look black? I have replaced the the MC, SC and I have rebuilt the tranny and I still get problems rowing through the gears and then getting locked out of 4th gear.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a oz700 red. It's got about 3000miles on it with all new hydraulics. The system is bled well and the fluid I haven't checked but I would think its not black yet. But I will check to make sure.