Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Stage 3+ shaking the hell out of the Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec Stage 3+ shaking the hell out of the Car

I have just installed spec Stage 3+ with Spec Aluminum Flywheel on my 99 camaro ls1 and the car is almost braking in half when launching from zero ?! the chattering is too much that i got scared and thought that the rear-end is loosen !!! what do you guys think ? is that something normal ? what should i do about it ? sponsors and professionals please jump in ..... this chattering and high vibration is happening in first gear only .
Old 10-03-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Did you torque all the bolts correctly? Sounds like one or 2 of them is not or the PP is not seated all the way
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming everything is installed correctly, I think it'll be OK. This reminds me of when I first installed a Textralia (which is similar). They tend to be more 'grabby' and do not like to be slipped. They chatter and you will wear it out fast if you slip it.

Mine was OK once it was broken in and I got used to it. Try not to slip it when you take off.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Teching In

today am going back to the garage and gonna check all the bolts
Old 10-04-2010, 05:57 AM
11 Second Club

Idk, mine doesn't chatter like that at all. Did you use the shim between the slave? You can't try to slip it, just let it out.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:05 PM
FormerVendor

I would like a bit more info if possible, so I can best assist you. What flywheel is being used? Is it new or was it resurfaced? I ask because a lack of flatness on the flywheel can certainly lead to greater amounts of chatter. Also, if you are being very slow to release the pedal, effectively riding the clutch, you will increase the amount of chatter present. You can give me a call if you want and I will be happy tyo speak with you. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Teching In

I have checked everything seemed to be perfect and the bolts are torqued correctly ?!!! i dont know whats the problem, i installed everything new even the clutch cylinders !!!!
regarding the chatter i cannot decrease it untill i release the pedal very fast and the car jumps forward ..... i cannot make the clutch release normal , it should be very fast otherwise i will shake the whole car....
Old 10-05-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no offense but you need to learn how to drive a car with a aftermarket clutch.. a few blips of the throttle and let the clutch out quickly and go, i cant tell you how many ppl try to drive these clutches like a stock clutch and complain... do like i said above and the chatter will reduce and you will learn how to drive with it
The following users liked this post:
floridave (10-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Spec Stage 3+ shaking the hell out of the Car