Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Slave Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave Cylinder?

Just curious as to what slave cylinder you guys are using for your cars? I'm pulling 475rwhp on a 404 stroker and textralia OZ clutch. I noticed my fluid keeps disappearing. I dropped the gearbox and its all coming from the slave cylinder. Any advice?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most of the shops ive talked to just recomend the GM replacement one, not the AC delco.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

All slaves that I've seen are made by a company called "AP". They manufacture the slave cylinders for GM, Autozone, Oreillys, Advance, etc, etc. So your best bet would be to get it from whoever has the lowest price. Bottom line is that they are all the same.
I normally get mine from Autozone since they have the best warranty program (lifetime), and its $73.99 if I remember correctly. Buying one from a GM dealer is simply a waste of money, and they basically don't have a warranty. Hope this helps!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TDP
All slaves that I've seen are made by a company called "AP". They manufacture the slave cylinders for GM, Autozone, Oreillys, Advance, etc, etc. So your best bet would be to get it from whoever has the lowest price. Bottom line is that they are all the same.
I normally get mine from Autozone since they have the best warranty program (lifetime), and its $73.99 if I remember correctly. Buying one from a GM dealer is simply a waste of money, and they basically don't have a warranty. Hope this helps!
True story^^ Just ordered one for 60 bucks made by "dorman." What do ya know? AP is marked on it. Thanks for the great advice.

Quick Reply: Slave Cylinder?