Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

question on monster clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on monster clutch

Just ordered a stage 2 premium. Trying to round up everthing I need for the job. I need a tick master and the clutch says it comes with pilot bearing , release bearing, and slave cyl. Do I need the throwout bearing or is that the same as the release bearing ?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The premium package comes with everything you need. I strongly suggest you invest in the remote bleeder as well. It will save you so much pain.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greekey
The premium package comes with everything you need. I strongly suggest you invest in the remote bleeder as well. It will save you so much pain.
What do I need that for exactly. I won't be doing the install. Does it need to be done more that once?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After you install a clutch, it needs to be bled(removing air from lines). And in order to do this, you have to crawl under the car and open a bleeder stem that is located in the most pain in the *** location. The remote bleeder is a line that is connected to where the bleeding stem is located and it is ran into the engine compartment. All you have to do is open the bleeder valve on the end of the remote bleeder and push the clutch pedal a few times then close it. No need to have crawl under the car and have someone at the same time push the clutch down as you open the bleeder valve that sits inside the bellhousing. The remote bleeder makes it a one man job and an effortless job.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the bleeder is about $50, but if you look where the bleeder screw is on the transmission, youll see why its a good idea.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

ok I Got it thanks.

Quick Reply: question on monster clutch