Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Issue

My pedal is tempermental, and I just bled it and the hydraulic system is working 100%. The pedal is real low, and if i beat on the car i literally lose my pedal. I have to wait for it to "regen" so I can use the clutch. Its really hard to get into reverse, and I can feel a noise in the pedal when I push the pedal down a **** hair.

This leads me to think I have a bad throw out bearing or a pressure plate. Im going to hope its the throw out bearing, so if thats the case, do I need a special throw out bearing from SPEC?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The two Spec clutches I've had both had pretty high engagement (meaning the pedal was high and it engaged after about 1 inch of travel). Do you have a spacer behind your throw-out bearing? Sounds like you might need one. There is a sticky that talks about the need for spacers--check it out. If you are pretty sure your hardware is all good, I'd check out an adjustable master before going in for a spacer. If you have to replace the throw-out, any GM or Spec throw-out bearing will work fine. If it makes a lot of nasty noise when the pedal is pushed in, it's probably a bad throw-out.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forgot to mention Ive had this clutch in for 3 years and about 20k miles and this issue just came up... haha and yeah, bad noise when I push the pedal in about a half an inch or so. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by ThoR294; 11-01-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Issue