Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Performance T56 Rebuild Winter Special: FREE SHIPPING via UPS Ground!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Tick Performance T56 Rebuild Winter Special: FREE SHIPPING via UPS Ground!

You're reading correctly folks - for the rest of 2010, we're offering FREE SHIPPING via UPS Ground BOTH WAYS on all TICKshift.com T56 Rebuilds - A $200 Value!

With winter right around the corner, there is no better time to pull your transmission and have it gone through by the Most Trusted Professionals in the T56 Rebuild Industry!

For F-Body Specific Options & Pricing, click here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...ackages/fbody/

Packaging your T56 is easy, as well. Check out our SIMPLE 15 Step Process here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tickshift/shipping/

Post here, shoot me a PM or give us a call at 704-660-5843 with any questions you may have! Our T56 Rebuilds are track tested and proven time and time again by some of the quickest & fastest stick shifted GM vehicles in America. You're in good hands with a Tick Performance T56 Rebuild - we're so confident in our finished products that we stand behind our rebuilds with a One Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty!

From mild to wild, street to full race - Tick Performance & TICKshift.com have got you covered!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn you guys thats a good deal i guess im getting my t56 rebuilt
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal! Seems mine might be getting rebuilt this winter
Old 11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This is definitely the best time to take advantage of these prices - we don't run specials like this very often!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

tick built my t56 level 2 still holding strong at around 550rwhp about a year ago thanks tick for good service and work.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you guys be willing to give me a different deal besides free shipping? I live in charlotte but work in cornelius so I'd probably just drop it off and pick it up at your shop.

Mine has trouble shifting into 1st and reverse. I'm going to be putting a new clutch in (I'm getting weird vibrations in the clutch pedal) and bleeding it to see if that fixes it, if not I'll need to have it rebuilt and strengthened for when the turbos go in.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Any chance of a deal for those of us up in Canada? While "free shipping" would be awesome (and undoubtedly expensive), "cheaper shipping" would be slightly-less-but-still-mostly-awesome.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

What will a Factory T56 hold up to concerning horsepower and torque ratings?

I looked through this thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ere-first.html

...and couldn't find a number.

The reason I ask is because I'm planning to upgrade the Clutch and Hydraulics in my 99 Firebird over the winter. Obviously the tranny will be out, I'd just like to know if now would be the best time throw a little more money at it and get the Transmission upgraded as well.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

so is it free shipping on a returned trans for warranty too? my level 3 is broke after less than 1k miles. called a week or so ago when it started whining after 1 trip to the track and was told to run it till it broke, and well now it is.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
tick built my t56 level 2 still holding strong at around 550rwhp about a year ago thanks tick for good service and work.
You're very welcome. Thank you for the kind words and the business!
Originally Posted by killernoodle
Would you guys be willing to give me a different deal besides free shipping? I live in charlotte but work in cornelius so I'd probably just drop it off and pick it up at your shop.

Mine has trouble shifting into 1st and reverse. I'm going to be putting a new clutch in (I'm getting weird vibrations in the clutch pedal) and bleeding it to see if that fixes it, if not I'll need to have it rebuilt and strengthened for when the turbos go in.

Thanks!
We'll give you $200 off, since the sale would normally save you $200 anyways. Drop it off whenever you'd like!
Originally Posted by Spurkey
Any chance of a deal for those of us up in Canada? While "free shipping" would be awesome (and undoubtedly expensive), "cheaper shipping" would be slightly-less-but-still-mostly-awesome.
We can do free shipping to any continental US forwarding address for you.

We don't do any international shipping, unfortunately.
Originally Posted by Mumbles
What will a Factory T56 hold up to concerning horsepower and torque ratings?

I looked through this thread...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ere-first.html

...and couldn't find a number.

The reason I ask is because I'm planning to upgrade the Clutch and Hydraulics in my 99 Firebird over the winter. Obviously the tranny will be out, I'd just like to know if now would be the best time throw a little more money at it and get the Transmission upgraded as well.
The factory rates them at 400 or 450ft/lbs, but the stock keys and the plastic fork pads are easily damaged with stock power, especially with a stock master cylinder. It's definitely a smart move to have it gone through while it's out of the car!
Originally Posted by blue99fbody
so is it free shipping on a returned trans for warranty too? my level 3 is broke after less than 1k miles. called a week or so ago when it started whining after 1 trip to the track and was told to run it till it broke, and well now it is.
Give us a buzz - looks like it's back to the drawing board! We'll work with you however we can, although technically your car makes more power than we warranty, and technically our warranty never covers shipping anyways. I'm shocked honestly. Looks like we'll need to find another way to upgrade it. Your car is too nasty!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
You're very welcome. Thank you for the kind words and the business!
We'll give you $200 off, since the sale would normally save you $200 anyways. Drop it off whenever you'd like!
We can do free shipping to any continental US forwarding address for you.

We don't do any international shipping, unfortunately.
The factory rates them at 400 or 450ft/lbs, but the stock keys and the plastic fork pads are easily damaged with stock power, especially with a stock master cylinder. It's definitely a smart move to have it gone through while it's out of the car!

Give us a buzz - looks like it's back to the drawing board! We'll work with you however we can, although technically your car makes more power than we warranty, and technically our warranty never covers shipping anyways. I'm shocked honestly. Looks like we'll need to find another way to upgrade it. Your car is too nasty!

ill be calling you soon when i have time to mess with it. car is right around the 700 mark on spray, far from too nasty but maybe next yr lol
Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Still going on!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ttt
Old 12-29-2010, 04:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ttt
Old 12-29-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 5th gear is a hit or miss, mostly a miss lol. Alot of grinding or a big catch before it actually takes it. It also pops out of third if you coast a while. I noticed alot of your pricing does not include 5th and 6th shift forks. There could be more charges for 5th gear components....right? I want a at least a level 2. Im ready to send it. I just hate suprizes.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

hey guys, my car is currently at 723 rwhp and 773rwtq through my STOCK t56 with 92k miles on it. It has been boosted for the last 10k miles and the stock tranny is holding up fine! (street car) my reverse synchros are bad and I want to get it rebuilt, so which trans would you reccomend for my car? its mostly street with occasional track use.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This sale was supposed to end today, but we've decided to go ahead and extend it until the end of January - now is the time to get your transmission rebuilt and upgraded at a great price!
Originally Posted by Build #1
My 5th gear is a hit or miss, mostly a miss lol. Alot of grinding or a big catch before it actually takes it. It also pops out of third if you coast a while. I noticed alot of your pricing does not include 5th and 6th shift forks. There could be more charges for 5th gear components....right? I want a at least a level 2. Im ready to send it. I just hate suprizes.
Usually we don't see problems with the 5-6 gear synchronizer or fork, so no, they're not included in the rebuild. It's very possible that our rebuild will cure your issue (new 5-6 keys, fork pads are included) but if you end up needing additional parts, they are extra. See our individual parts pricing here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...56parts/#indiv
Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
hey guys, my car is currently at 723 rwhp and 773rwtq through my STOCK t56 with 92k miles on it. It has been boosted for the last 10k miles and the stock tranny is holding up fine! (street car) my reverse synchros are bad and I want to get it rebuilt, so which trans would you reccomend for my car? its mostly street with occasional track use.
If you don't plan on taking it to the track too often, you'll likely be fine with our Level 3 T56 Rebuild, here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...s/fbody/#three

..Down the road, if you decide to drag race more often, our New Level 4 might be a better choice for you. See all the preliminary details here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-body-gto.html
Old 01-17-2011, 09:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ttt
Old 01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

I just bought a 98 T56 for my fox body swap, what would it cost me to have you guys go through it? It supposedly has 40k on it. What clutch setup do you reccommend? It will be a street driven 6.0 with probably 450hp
Old 01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by johnyrrr
I just bought a 98 T56 for my fox body swap, what would it cost me to have you guys go through it? It supposedly has 40k on it. What clutch setup do you reccommend? It will be a street driven 6.0 with probably 450hp
Our rebuild options and pricing are here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...ackages/fbody/

Monster Clutch is our best selling brand, and I'd likely suggest the Level 2 for that application. Step up to the Level 3 if you'll be taking it to the track pretty often. Clutch prices are here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...tches/#monster

Quick Reply: Tick Performance T56 Rebuild Winter Special: FREE SHIPPING via UPS Ground!