Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

soft pedal issue.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft pedal issue.

Well i know its another pedal issue but here we go. I have a tick master cylinder and new monster clutch along with all new slave and throwout bearing along with the remote bleeder.All has been good for the last 1500 miles since i had it until late when for some reason when the car is cold or has been sitting for a few days the pedal is really soft and the first half of the pedal is basically nothing but loose. By the time you go about 3 or 4 miles it seems to be back to where it needs to be. Now i talked with tick and they said could be a leak or i need to do a fresh bleed. Well i have been checking the levels daily and it seems to be the same everytime i check so dont think its a leak and i have bled it around 3 times since prob has started about a week ago and no change.Also went the route of starting all over and reset the pedal. Weather just started to get colder here and it seemed to start when the 90 degree days disappeared. Any info for someone who has had this issue would be great.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Banned

Im gonna go back under there tom when its not raining and double check everything. That and put all new dot4 fluid in it and bleed it a ton.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

what kind of slave cylinder did you use? I'm having similar issues, I also have a Tick master. I'm beginning to think it's my Perfection (Advance Auto) slave cylinder

after I bleed it it's good and a consistent pressure from top to bottom, but after a week or two the travel randomly gets shorter and less solid feeling and then goes back to normal
Old 11-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
what kind of slave cylinder did you use? I'm having similar issues, I also have a Tick master. I'm beginning to think it's my Perfection (Advance Auto) slave cylinder

after I bleed it it's good and a consistent pressure from top to bottom, but after a week or two the travel randomly gets shorter and less solid feeling and then goes back to normal
I got one that came with the monster kit. I think its an acdelco but not 100% sure on that. All of my hydrolics are basically brand spankin new. Mine is if i go out there after sitting 24 hours or so and take off it feels soft and has a lot of play at the top to 3/4 pedal and soon as i go a few miles its back to perfect again for the entire ride even when i get back in it to go back home from where i went till the following day then it starts over the cycle again. Mine just started it and kinda funny it started right when the weather changed about a week ago or so. I only have around 1500 miles on the entire setup so hoping its just something stupid.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

Also this is prob a stupid question but on the remote bleeder does it need to stay down by or below the actual master cylinder than up by the resivore? I have mine up front right by the shock bolts. Also would using dot3 instead of dot4 cause any of these issues since tick recomends using dot4?

Last edited by 2001z; 11-04-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Banned

anyone
Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Launching!

In... Mines doin the same thing with stock stuff but I stopped driving it so I dont know if it will go back to normal...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Banned

well a little update. I have bled it and started over with the pedal adjustment and checked everything and picked up the rear to make sure there wasnt anything leaking in the belhousing. Still with no luck and pretty much the pedal is as far down as it will go to still work with the top position switch. Now if i raise the pedal out it seems to be better but the release point is way up at the top of the pedal which i dont really like but the pedal seems to stay fine like that as far as i can tell. Right now i have it where i like it(release point)but still have the pedal issue when i first take off on a cold start till around 3 or 4 miles down the road. Anyone have any suggestions. I would call tick again but i know what there gonna tell me.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Started driving mine again and after reading your thread, mine is doing the EXACT same thing (half dead when cold, fine when warm). I did a full bleed and still same as yours. Was contemplating getting the Tick Master but if you have it and still have the issue it doesn't look like it will me out any...
Old 11-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

well i think i migh have fixed the issue. Prob gonna wait for a couple days of driving it to make sure it is before i say its fixed. I played with the pedal position a good bit today it was fine cold and warm. The release point is a touch higher now but not bad at all and seems fine.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates? My car is doing the same thing. Im starting to think that i need to pull the trans and check on the pilot bearing, and maybe replace the slave that came with my monster clutch. Any updates on the perfection slave?

Quick Reply: soft pedal issue.