Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

question about master cylinders and hydraulics

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about master cylinders and hydraulics

i too think that i have a problem with my cars hydraulics. high rpm shifts are slow and feel hard to get into gear. even at a stand still it doesnt go into first easy. i understand it could even be something transmission related. my question is regarding the tick master cylinder. are there any other master cylinders that provide the disengagement of the clutch as it is known to do? maybe even cheaper ones? my car only has 48,000 miles on it and is in great condition, so i highly doubt it is transmission related.

let me know what you guys have to say!

thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im having a mcleod m/c put in my car as we speak. It is designed to help the high RPM shift problem and moves a lot of fluid. They now have wildwood designing and manufacturing their units so they are over the problems with them they were having a while ago.

While i have yet to drive the car with it, i know adjustments on them can be made easily with your hands while the one tick ive worked on was a PITA, give Billy at McLeod a call
Old 12-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind me asking what did it run you? And how much did you find someone to install it for you?