Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

7 sec 6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 sec 6 speed?

When is there going to be a 7 sec 6 speed vette, camaro, firebird, or gto? vipers and supras have done it why done someone just swap a viper 6 speed or a supra 6 speed into these cars. Didnt someone swap a supra 6 speed into a gen 3 camaro for the texas mile?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Fastest F body T-56 was a very modified T-56 from Six Speed Rebuild, formerly T-56 Rebuilds and that thing was on a N/A car and was requiring rebuilding freqently. There is certainly a limit to the transmission.

I am assuming these other 2 cars you mention are likely FI (Turbo or Blower cars) and most likely due to the type of set up they are running they can keep the transmission living as most of the power is rolled in as they do the run. I have not personally researched this but do you have any links or info for any of the cars you mentioned?

I wager the people spending the $$$ on these car that are in a 7 sec range which is BIG Bucks probably are not concerned with breaking any 6 speed record. Frankly they want to race and not be replacing part trying to figure out how to make it "work".
Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

there is one in the making out here on the west coast. The car should be more than capable, but we will see how the driver holds up, LOL. good friend of mine, not me personally.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

I would love to see a thread on that build up.