Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick Performance

Just recently ordered your master cylinder for my F Body. Well, it looks like I got a luck one and it keeps blowing the fitting right off the hose that connects to the slave. I know you guys are closed on weekends as I just called and left a message, but we need to get this figured out. I can't be without my car for another 4 days because of a "bad batch of lines" you guys let out. Did not want to post this in the negative trader feedback as I have not had a bad purchasing experience from you guys at all, but we will see how this is handled. Again, not trying to be rude, but in my eyes, having a batch of lines blowing fittings off a $350 master cylinder is simply unacceptable. I'm very much a person that looks at it like there was not a thing wrong with any of the $350 dollars I paid for the cylinder, but there is a catastrophic problem with the cylinder itself. I can't stress enough how much I can't be without my car for another 4 days over this. This is my daily driver. Also sending PM to one of you guys with this threads link. Again, this is not bad sponsor feedback, just bringing a BIG problem I have to your attention and we will see how it is handled. Thanks.

Chris Jones

EDIT: Also placing this in Manual Transmission to get more eyes on it and hopefully some eyes of Tick Performance employees. Been calling the shop but to no avail which is understandable for a weekend, but I sure hope I hear back from you guys on here before Monday or I will strongly be reconsidering purchases.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posting this from my phone - as you said, we are closed on weekends. I'll gladly get you a replacement line out on Monday when we're open again. I apologize for the line failure, and If downtime is a big enough issue for you to start multiple threads on a public forum over a problem that we've already stated we'll correct 100%, put your stock master back in and send your kit back for a refund - no downtime at all going that route.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A quick search would have turned up this issue, and you would have seen that the guys at Tick were QUICK to admit there was a problem (and stated the cause), and to get the affected customers taken care of.

Just my .02

BTW Joey, i picked up a master a couple weeks back, and its been great!! It practically fell right in on the install and the feel is so much better than the stocker.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

I've seen the thread, I even posted in it. I believe it was titled somethin to the extent of "Tick Master over extending". That is the only thread I have seen about it and I have read alot of threads and nothing but good things were posted about this cylinder. Thats the main reason I bought it - Reading things like its the best mod you can make to a 6 speed F Body. I'm not doubting the product or its quality. Hell, I can't wait to start using it. But I do feel that this situation could have been handled better. Blame it on my shitty luck on timing if you will, but I have to pay the shop more money to keep the car there longer and potentially keep him from making money having mine tied up in his shop. It wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal if i got the part the next day and wasn't out of my daily driver for another 4 days and I have to pay the shop for those 4 days. Like I said, I have no doubt in their product and completely intend on using it and bet it will work as great as the thousands of posts say these units do. I just think the process of getting me a new one could have been handled better.

Joey, I already stated in the other thread the complete lack of logic that putting the stock one back in would do financially (paying to remove the Tick thats in now, install the old stocker, then pay to put the Tick back in when I get the line)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 PM
wrencher

I've been working on cars for 25 years +.
Hard to believe they cannot move your car without a disengaging clutch?
Cannot begin to count the number of vehicles I've driven in just that state.

I would really question what & why they are going to charge you for an "inoperable" vehicle.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wrencher
I've been working on cars for 25 years +.
Hard to believe they cannot move your car without a disengaging clutch?
Cannot begin to count the number of vehicles I've driven in just that state.

I would really question what & why they are going to charge you for an "inoperable" vehicle.
Oh it can be moved, but I do not want it to sit outside and potentially get broken into because the lot it would be in is not secured/supervised after hours. It is in far from the best part of town, and I'm one that does a little bit of preventative maintenance to avoid things like stolen cars/broken into. So I'm going to be charged to have it sit inside the shop awaiting a new line. Anyways its Monday so hopefully a new line is in transit and all will be well soon.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJJones87
It wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal if i got the part the next day and wasn't out of my daily driver for another 4 days and I have to pay the shop for those 4 days.....
Did you pay for overnight shipping to begin with? or did you order it normal and it took 4 days to arrive at your shop?

Originally Posted by CJJones87
...I just think the process of getting me a new one could have been handled better.
umm. you posted on a weekend when Tick is closed, and within 2 hrs got a response from their personal cell phone where Tick said they'd handle it first thing monday... Sounds like it was handled pretty damn well to me...
Old 01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TINKRD
umm. you posted on a weekend when Tick is closed, and within 2 hrs got a response from their personal cell phone where Tick said they'd handle it first thing monday... Sounds like it was handled pretty damn well to me...
Seriously.

They went above and beyond - give them a break man.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance