T56 Magnum Electrical Connections

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Magnum Electrical Connections

Hi Guys,

First time poster.

I've just bought a T56 Magnum for a Cobra replica project, can someone run me through the electrical connections on this box.

From doing a bit of online reading I've sussed the reverse lockout and how that works, I believe one other connection is for the speedo but there's a third and I'm not sure what it's for.

For a bit of background and how I find myself here, I'm building a cobra replica and have bought an LS3 along with the T56 Magnum gearbox. I only mention that because I'm not looking at a production car or standard wiring loom.

Many thanks

Ryan

PS If I don't wire the reverse lockout, can it be overcome by a bit of force ?
Old 01-24-2011, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are 3 connections to make.
1)The reverse solenoid( in the extension casting)....you have to power it to release the load....yes, you can two-hand it and over power tit if you don't want to control it with a switch.
2)The speedo( actually two either side of the extension casting...mechanical/ gear driven & electronic) If you use the elctronic, be sure to get a proper plug for the mechanical. Do not use the shipping plug.
3) Back-up lamp switch( pass side)
Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical connections T56 trans.

I have a T56 out of a 96 camaro. It has an electrical connection for reverse lock out on the tail houseng. Under that Ihave one for the spedo pick-up. On the main trans. body drivers side, four inches from where the the tail housing attaches, I have another electrical solenoid. Then on the pasengers side Ihave another electrical connection. Cou[d anyone enlighten me on the last two connections?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought these were covered.
The other soledoid...white connector....is the skip shift solenoid. The Reverse solenoid has a black connector. The Back-up lamp switch is on the pass side.

Quick Reply: T56 Magnum Electrical Connections