Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new tick master or 01+ hydraulics

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tick master or 01+ hydraulics

I have a 99 ws6. I got the spongy pedal and bled everything but I still get a spongy pedal which I noticed my line going to slave cylinder is leaking at the clip at the end by the slave. Can I buy a new line and try the drill mod first and see how it does for me OR replacing the hydraulics with the 01+ hydraulics. Would anything need to be changed at all except with just buying a 01 master cylinder from say pepboys or somewhere? Do the newer hydraulics have the non restricted line like the drill mod or tick?

I don't want to band aid the system and I want something that is reliable and woult have wonder each time I drive the car that the pedal will be spongy or not. So what should I do....try drill mod, 01+ hydraulics or tick

Last edited by firebirdlover; 02-02-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: edit for typing
Old 02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oem lines aren't sold seperately, they only come with the purchase of an oem master. The new line would still need to be "drilled" if that is something you want to do.

If you have a hydraulic fluid leak, thats the first thing you need to take care of no matter which parts you chose to go with. Also, what type of clutch do you have? The oem clutches seem to contribute to the spongey pedal issue or a pedal that hangs to the floor after a few agressive shifts.

Our master will do far more that a new oem master in terms of improving or eliminating these issues, but if there is a problem with the slave or the clutch itself the master may not totally fix the problem.

If buying any factory style hydraulics, I would only buy GM original parts. If considering our master, do a quick search....I think all the positive results will make the desicion for you.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Teching In

from everything I read, I want the tick so much. It just sucks that I just bought the car and just wanted to go easy on the wallet but I do want the reliabilty so I might just have to bite the bullet and try it. Just wanted to see if there was any less expensive way around it is all.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just do it and dont look back, it fixed all my problems of the clutch not releasiing. Its like a whole new car. Best thing you can do for a 6 speed.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I honestly believe that every manual F-Body should have Tick's MC. I agree that it's not cheap but you get what you pay for. Think about how long we've had to deal with Mcleod's hit or miss MC and having to the drill mod on an already inferior OEM MC. We finally have a part that fixes all of this from a company that, from my experience, is good to customers and sells quality parts. Also consider that most manual drivers specifically bought a manual because they enjoy driving a stick car, their MC is an absolute must. I think that goes for daily driven cars and race cars.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

sorry to Hijack here, but do those of you with the tick MC do the drill mod as well?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

TICK

and no drill mod is needed on the tick mc
Old 02-03-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBSully
sorry to Hijack here, but do those of you with the tick MC do the drill mod as well?
Like stated above the drill mod isn't needed. The Tick MC comes with a larger diameter line.

Quick Reply: new tick master or 01+ hydraulics