Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 problems

Old 02-27-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default T56 problems

Ok i'm new to the T56 but not to Fbodys I had a A4 since 2006. My problem is when I put it in 1st and Reverse I hear a clattering slash scratching noise while the clutch ingaged and i'm taking off or reversing. Also when I go into third I have a little bit of grinding but not always, lets say i'm driving in 4th gear for a few miles and put it in neutral and put it back into 4th it grinds a little bit nothing bad.I use this car as a DD so I really never hot rod it just cruise it, it is completely stock with 115,000. When I do jump on it and haul *** (rare) it shifts fine no grinding no weird noise and no clutch slipping. So i'm just wondering what needs to be fixed I was planning a rebuild in the next year or so by TDP but it seems like it's gonna have to be sooner than expected. So if I could just get some ideas that would be great and thanks in advance guys i'm sure ya'll get this all the time. And i'm planning on taking it to DFW (3hours drive) to the GM GTG in Grand Praire well I be ok if I take it easy ?

Sway
Old 02-28-2011, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bump....

Search this Thread