manual t56 guys what rpms you shifting? - LS1TECH

Log In 


Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

View Poll Results: what rpms you guys shifting your manuals?
6500-7000 38 77.55%
7000-7500 9 18.37%
7500-plus 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

manual t56 guys what rpms you shifting?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default manual t56 guys what rpms you shifting?

for you manual transmission guys what rpms are you shifting at?

7000+ rpm guys what if any upgrades did you have todo to handle the 7000+ rpm shifts? thanks
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
Zturd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,245
Default

I shifted my 98 camaro stock trans at 6800rpm on the 100shot she loved it!
WS6transam01 has a stock trans shifts at 7200rpm+
Jeremy with stock trans 01 T/A shifts his around 6900rpm+

Theres a bunch of guys shifting over 7000rpms ya tard!

Why do you ask sunshine?
Zturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #3
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default

i was told you can't shift a t56 even built pass 6400 rpms! that it would eat the sync. and gears up!
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
Zturd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw2500hd View Post
i was told you can't shift a t56 even built pass 6400 rpms! that it would eat the sync. and gears up!

Are you retarded? Did your parents do drugs before you were born? Thats a load of dooo dooo!!!
Zturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default

lmao i was just making sure i was not the ratard!!!! they only thing that i can shift at the high rpms is my truck lol
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (12)
 
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Anderson Indiana
Posts: 1,513
Default

Shifting a T56 past 6500rpm IS hard on them. It won't be instant failure but you will wear your blocking rings and engaugement teeth faster. If you are shifting that high you HAVE to make sure your clutch is disengauging perfectly and your pilot bearing is in good working order. The lighter the clutch disk the faster and easier it will shift at high RPM as well. WS6transam01 is now running a faceplated transmission. I am not sure if he wore out his stock trans or if he just wanted some more consistancy. Faceplating is the only way to go IMO for a dedicated drag race application. I absolutly love mine and I will never go back to a synchronized transmission.

So no, you aren't retarded at all. But there is *some* truth to what you were bring told.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
Zturd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,245
Default

Great info Jeremy.... Yes WS6transam01 went with the face plated trans in hopes to gain some ET/MPH in the chase for a 346ci 6spd in the 9's. I'm not sure if the wifey has him wrapped up like a pig in the blanket or what lately

Does RPM make upgrades for the T56 fbody transmission to give more longevity with sustained high ~7000rpm+shifting besides going face plated? AJw2500HD street drives his car more than anything. She's just a little Heads/Cam/Intake LS7 in there. Main purpose is driving and then going for 9's NA with it being shifted is the other side of the usage range.
Zturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #8
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (12)
 
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Anderson Indiana
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zturd View Post
Great info Jeremy.... Yes WS6transam01 went with the face plated trans in hopes to gain some ET/MPH in the chase for a 346ci 6spd in the 9's. I'm not sure if the wifey has him wrapped up like a pig in the blanket or what lately

Does RPM make upgrades for the T56 fbody transmission to give more longevity with sustained high ~7000rpm+shifting besides going face plated? AJw2500HD street drives his car more than anything. She's just a little Heads/Cam/Intake LS7 in there. Main purpose is driving and then going for 9's NA with it being shifted is the other side of the usage range.
I hope WS6transam01 gets back out to the track soon. I've always been a fan of his car. I'd love to see it go 9s with 346ci NA.

We upgrade the blocking rings to compressed carbon on all our units and micro polish all the internal parts on our Level 5s. That helps the high RPM shifting significantly, but with any synchronized transmission at that high RPM it is making the blocking rings do a LOT of work to change the speed of the clutch disk, input shaft, cluster gear and the next gear you are shifting into. If you are going to do a lot of high RPM shifting and don't want to go to a faceplated unit. I would recommend having a tripple cone M6 built. We have done quite a few. I would really like someone to pull the trigger on our Super T56. It uses all C6 Z06 tripple cone internals with a 1 piece cluster gear and a 32 spline SSR mainshaft. I nick named it the Super T56 as a throw back to the old Super T-10.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #9
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
Summerwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,060
Default

I have 110K on a stock T56 with shifts at 6900..... It still shifts smooth at WOT, cold and sometimes without any throttle she grinds into 2nd and 3rd. I have beat the ish out of this car though.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions View Post
I hope WS6transam01 gets back out to the track soon. I've always been a fan of his car. I'd love to see it go 9s with 346ci NA.

We upgrade the blocking rings to compressed carbon on all our units and micro polish all the internal parts on our Level 5s. That helps the high RPM shifting significantly, but with any synchronized transmission at that high RPM it is making the blocking rings do a LOT of work to change the speed of the clutch disk, input shaft, cluster gear and the next gear you are shifting into. If you are going to do a lot of high RPM shifting and don't want to go to a faceplated unit. I would recommend having a tripple cone M6 built. We have done quite a few. I would really like someone to pull the trigger on our Super T56. It uses all C6 Z06 tripple cone internals with a 1 piece cluster gear and a 32 spline SSR mainshaft. I nick named it the Super T56 as a throw back to the old Super T-10.
whats something like that run(super t56 or tripple cone m6)? motor was built for spray and never added it YET! and i want to shift the **** out of it cause auto is just to boring!! thanks aj
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (12)
 
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Anderson Indiana
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw2500hd View Post
whats something like that run(super t56 or tripple cone m6)? motor was built for spray and never added it YET! and i want to shift the **** out of it cause auto is just to boring!! thanks aj
A tripple cone M6 would come in around $2895 and a Super T56 would be $3495. Both of those prices reflect the different in the price of the f-body core that woule be returned. The tripple cone parts are a good bit more expensive than single cone. I agree 100% about autos being boring. I will bang gears forever even if they say manuals are a little slower than autos.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #12
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default

i guess thats cheaper then a auto lol!! not to bad! so those prices are including the core from my trans? so you send me another trans and i send you my build trans that i just payed $2100 for lmao?
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (12)
 
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Anderson Indiana
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw2500hd View Post
i guess thats cheaper then a auto lol!! not to bad! so those prices are including the core from my trans? so you send me another trans and i send you my build trans that i just payed $2100 for lmao?
We don't charge a core up front. I would recommend selling your built trans and either paying our core fee or finding a stock trans to turn in as your core. I definitely don't want you to send us a good working built trans as a core.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #14
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default

whats the core charge? thanks for your fast help too!
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
LS1Tech Sponsor
iTrader: (12)
 
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Anderson Indiana
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw2500hd View Post
whats the core charge? thanks for your fast help too!
Core on an f-body is $750. No problem man. That's what I'm here for.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #16
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default

ok thanks for your help!!
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #17
TECH Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Manchester, CT
Posts: 2,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions View Post
I hope WS6transam01 gets back out to the track soon. I've always been a fan of his car. I'd love to see it go 9s with 346ci NA.

We upgrade the blocking rings to compressed carbon on all our units and micro polish all the internal parts on our Level 5s. That helps the high RPM shifting significantly, but with any synchronized transmission at that high RPM it is making the blocking rings do a LOT of work to change the speed of the clutch disk, input shaft, cluster gear and the next gear you are shifting into. If you are going to do a lot of high RPM shifting and don't want to go to a faceplated unit. I would recommend having a tripple cone M6 built. We have done quite a few. I would really like someone to pull the trigger on our Super T56. It uses all C6 Z06 tripple cone internals with a 1 piece cluster gear and a 32 spline SSR mainshaft. I nick named it the Super T56 as a throw back to the old Super T-10.
There's a few of those running around now http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/manual...ock-parts.html

I'm assembling mine soon.
Mike454SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #18
12 Second Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Asian LSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 473
Default

I always shift at 6500 when racing but it feels like the car can spin higher but I've never tried it. 3.73s really feel lazy until abput 3000-3500.

I really want 4.56s but I'm not sure how high I can rev with my mods. Patriot stage 2 LS6 heads w the double springs and a 230/234 .612/.598 cam is my H/C set up right now.
Asian LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #19
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
ajw2500hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: glen rock pa
Posts: 542
Default

wonder if those trans suck more power away?
ajw2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #20
11 Second Club
iTrader: (11)
 
Nsty98LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gallitzin, Pa
Posts: 469
Default

last time at the track i was shifting at 7100 without an issue. as soon as the budget allows me, i think i'm going faceplated though
Nsty98LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harlan Shift Light - Help Me Pick Correct RPM Setting Rise of the Phoenix Manual Transmission 12 09-15-2013 07:23 PM
Help with monter 11" race carvz Manual Transmission 3 02-14-2013 10:48 AM
What RPM to shift car RENE'S RAGE Drag Racing Tech 4 01-31-2013 08:18 PM
Shift points and hp peak... LSWHO LT1-LT4 Modifications 33 09-14-2011 06:44 AM
ls2 7000 rpm fcat8187 Generation IV Internal Engine 7 08-06-2007 06:08 PM


Tags
06, c6, camaro, check, high, issues, loss, ls1tech, mph, parasitic, rpm, shift, shifting, t56, transmission

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.