Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Built t56 slight vibration in 3rd gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built t56 slight vibration in 3rd gear

This honestly could be nothing and me just over reacting. However in 3rd gear no matter what speed there is a slight vibration in the shifter handle. Not on the car whatsoever. Just the handle and just in 3rd gear. The other gears seem to be smooth as can be. Just wondering what the deal is.

Somebody give me piece of mind I did not bend something in the trans. It has done this as long as I can remember getting the new trans back but I had that core rebuilt by a very reputable company after blowing 3rd gear out of my stock one (previous owner cold not drive I bought it with a bad trans and did not realize until I got it home) I would highly doubt they would put together a bent gear set or something.

So I really cant say how long it has done it for. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Banned

I can guarantee you its not a bent gear. Where do you feel the vibration at specifically? In the stick or through out the car?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

It is only in the shifter handle. It is also preportionate to RPM. The faster I go in that gear the faster it seems to be.

Again it does not feel like it is broken or has a problem. I just notice it to vibrate only in 3rd. Very weird.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

I get a small vibration/clash randomly going into 2nd most of the time and sometimes a tad into 3rd, about 5k miles on my rebuild

never grinds or gets any worse, who knows