Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bleeding issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bleeding issue

I just installed a new RST twin disc along with a new pilot bearing, gm slave cylinder, tick speed bleeder, cut my gm steel flywheel, didnt use a shim cause i already have an adjustable master cylinder (mcleod) and after everything was bolted up i proceeded to bleed the system. pedal sticks to the floor but was able to get all the dirty fluid flushed out, i also tried using a vaccum pump and everything was coming out fine with no air bubbles and still pedal sticks to the floor.... the only thing i can think of is that i should rebuild the master with new seals....

Anyone else come across this issue????
Old 03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

What does the car do on level ground in first gear with the clutch pedal to the floor and the engine revved up? Stay still or move?

There's a return spring in the master. The pressure plate pushing back on the slave should send fluid back to the master causing the pedal to come up as well.

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet 8150
didnt use a shim cause i already have an adjustable master cylinder
Erroneous.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
What does the car do on level ground in first gear with the clutch pedal to the floor and the engine revved up? Stay still or move?

There's a return spring in the master. The pressure plate pushing back on the slave should send fluid back to the master causing the pedal to come up as well.

Erroneous.
its still up on jack stands and havent even started it, i was waiting till i got it all bled out.

the flywheel was cut so little figured it wouldnt matter about shimming it...