Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

no reverse

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no reverse

I just put my LS6 with a CTSV T56 in a brunton stalker (tube frame car) with an aftermarket engine harness. It wont let me into reverse. I heard there was a lockout out on the transmission but is it always locked out until the ecu lets it out? My harness had no connection for it. Any suggestions?

Last edited by underdog51; 03-10-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by underdog51
I just my LS6 with CTSV T56 in brunton stalker with an aftermarket harness.
what do you mean here?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a solenoid that moves a pin back and forth to let the reverse lock out plunger move when the vehicle is under 5mph. You can over power the solenoid and get it into reverse but it takes a lot of force. We had the same problem when we swapped a T56 into a friends Fox Body.

You can take take the solenoid apart and remove the inner springs and plunger. Only a couple C-clips hold everything together. It is spring loaded so I compressed everything securely in a vice, removed the C-clips and then carefully backed the vice off. There are two springs inside the solenoid. A smaller tigthly wound spring and a larger spring. The larger spring is what resists your movement. I cut a few coils off the larger spring and kept testing the resistance until it felt comfortable. Now you can get it into reverse with a good shove instead of using two hands and muscling the solenoid.

Quick Reply: no reverse