Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just got Monster stage 2 installed, have couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got Monster stage 2 installed, have couple questions

I just got my Monster stage 2 clutch installed today, so still breaking it in. i have a question about the clutch as far as breaking it in..

Q:If i baby the clutch on 1st gear it would chatter i guess this is normal BUT after a while theres gonna be smell like the clutch's burned is this normal?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

I just had a stage 2 put in as well and had the burning smell the first couple of days. I think it is probably the green paint getting cooked for the first time as well as what ever grease or oils wound up on the exhaust. I have not had any chattering, it was just really grippy for the first couple of days and very hard to take off from a dead start without stalling. With nearly a week of city driving it is beginning to feel normal, I just have a really low pedal and probably need to bleed some more.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea that exactly what happened to mine also, chatter almost gone now after 50 miles and the burning smell too, I'm really happy with the clutch now. Its still grabby and taking off from dead stop is a bitch, but mine never stalled. I also have the ltw flywheel from monster and that's probably one of the reason mine chatter.

I emailed steve from snl and he gave me some really good advice, he told me not to slip the clutch too much even though it helped with the chatter because it would cause the burning smell.

Can't wait for 500 miles and beat on it, I can already feel how the clutch grab and It makes me itchy to beat on it but I guess I'll wait