Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Knocking sound when clutch depressed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Knocking sound when clutch depressed

I have a what sounds like a knocking sound when i push the clutch in. it is rpm related bc it gets faster as i rev it. It definitely metal on metal but i can't find what it is. took the tranny out and the clutch and flywheel to see if there was anything hitting but no such luck. There is not a mark on the flywheel or presure plate or starter. Check the crank end play by pullinmg the frank pulley forward with ta prybay and it hardley moved and checked it with a dial indicator and it was .004 when i pulled real hard. Spec is .0015-.0078 with is with in limits. i also checked it when running to see if it moved forward when the clutch was depressed. Anyone had a problem like this. i just don't see the tranny doing this but i've seen strager things. i have another t-56 to try. Throwout bearing is working great like it should i could see it operating throuhg the hole in my bullet proof bellhousing.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nobody has seen this before???? going to drop the oil pan after i get my oil sample back from being analyzed.

Quick Reply: Knocking sound when clutch depressed