Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Strange problem (upgraded hydraulics ls7 style clutch)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange problem (upgraded hydraulics ls7 style clutch)

Ok Ive got an 04 M6 GTO with a Southbend Stage 3 clutch which uses an ls7 PP ive got it paired with a tilton master( same as tick uses), ss lines, speed bleeder, and new slave cylinder while currently using valvoline dot3/4 fluid.

Clutch engagement and pedal feel great around town and moderate throttle but after hard throttle runs especially the 3-4 shift high rpm the pedal gets stiff but after a pump or 2 comes back to normal.... Its hard to go quick 3-4 at over 5k or hold in 3rd gear for a while at higher rpms and then go for 4th. The 4-5 shift is better but not much and still has strange pedal feel.

The transmission fluid was just changed, a new pilot bearing was installed, a new slave cylinder was installed, the pressure plate was reset, and clutch has been bleed pretty well.

I suppose my 3-4 syncro could be weak but I dont think that would really change pedal feel. What do you guys think? Air in system still somehow? Boiling fluid?

I plan on doing more bleeding and switching to motul rbf 600 just to see if it helps
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone? I read the sticky about the pedal feeling different if fluid boils and so on