Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hard to bang gears at higher RPM's???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hard to bang gears at higher RPM's???

I have a tick master cylinder and a T56 with about 4k miles on it or so, and whatever slave comes with Monster Clutch kits.

Ive already blown out one of those slaves already and ruined a clutch (Monster clutch fixed the issue no charge)

I can shift just fine at 6000rpm or less, but when/IF i want to shift at 6600rpm, it is very hard to get it into the gear. I have to clutch all the way in and then push the shifter into the gate as to make sure it doesn't scratch (it will if i just try to throw it in there)

How can i solve this shifting issue? Or is the slave about to take a **** again?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

I doubt the slave is about to fail if you have the Tick MC adjusted properly and it is new..

What type of fluid are you running in the trans?? What is the ambient air temp when doing this? How does the fluid look when you bled the system? How close is the Tick MC hyd line to the header??
Old 04-20-2011, 01:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sargeant Sh!tbag
I doubt the slave is about to fail if you have the Tick MC adjusted properly and it is new..

What type of fluid are you running in the trans?? What is the ambient air temp when doing this? How does the fluid look when you bled the system? How close is the Tick MC hyd line to the header??
I can bleed the system and it will still do it, I run Dot4 fluid in the master. And as for type of fluid im running not sure... Whatever Jason @ TDP put in it.

The temps outside are usually in the 60s, and the tick MC line is pushed up against the underneath of the car the left of the header zip tied with some other wiring.

And the thing about the MC adjustment is...well i dont know where it should be EXACTLY, the top screw came lose and messed with it a bit. Moved it up to where I felt it should be but who knows how accurate that is
Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ramsey call me and we'll go over a few things.

The issue is the adjustment in the master, Matt spins his 395 to 7500 daily without issue. Shoot me a text or call me.

Quick Reply: Hard to bang gears at higher RPM's???