Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with T56!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with T56!

I'm having a problem shifting from 1-2,2-3 at WOT. It won't go into gear hardly at all and then grinds when it does, but it drives perfect at normal driving. I just bought the car(98' Formula) the guy said he put an ls7 clutch in. I've been trying to find a solution but I've seen people say synchros, M/C, pressure plates, etc. Anybody have this problem and solve it? I need to find the answer? Sux not being able to run it out!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Fairfax County, VA (You know you're here when you see the bad roads)

tick master cyclinder perhaps? If I understand whats going on properly, there is so much centrifical force built up at high RPM that the factory hydraulics have a difficult time building up enough force to get the pressure plate back off of the cluth and you cannot shift until the RPMs come back down. Had a similar issue with my Camaro. Installed an ls7 clutch kit with tick master and the problem went away.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Check your clutch fluid first. If it's dirty, change it. If that doesn't do it look into an adjustable M/C. I'm experiencing the same thing and will be installing a new slave this weekend hopefully.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Cool thx for the info I will try that