Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

First LS9X clutch in a C5

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default First LS9X clutch in a C5

Katech has been hard at work expanding the LS9X and LS9R clutch lines to other models. After starting with the C6 Corvette, we now have applications for 2010+ Camaro, Pontiac G8, Cadillac CTS-V, F-body, and GTO. C5 Corvette has always been a very important application for us, but has proven to be the most difficult. Many changes were required to fit the package in the C5 bellhousing's limited space, but the prototype has been successful. The prototype car drives like a dream, as does all LS9X/LS9R applications.

Price: TBD
Availability: Late summer

Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the owner of this C5 I can say that it is everything Jason says. It has ABSOLUTELY no neutral noise, no chatter, and smooth engagement, it is even quieter than the stock clutch, it acts like the factory clutch in every other way with a slightly stiffer pedal feel (not much)! If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Originally Posted by Katech
Katech has been hard at work expanding the LS9X and LS9R clutch lines to other models. After starting with the C6 Corvette, we now have applications for 2010+ Camaro, Pontiac G8, Cadillac CTS-V, F-body, and GTO. C5 Corvette has always been a very important application for us, but has proven to be the most difficult. Many changes were required to fit the package in the C5 bellhousing's limited space, but the prototype has been successful. The prototype car drives like a dream, as does all LS9X/LS9R applications.

Price: TBD
Availability: Late summer

Last edited by ISeeRed; 05-11-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Still enjoying the quiet holding power of this clutch system....
Old 05-22-2011, 10:49 AM

I have a few questions what is the max power this will hold and price. Also what slave cylinder just a stock one is fine? Thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Myddzo6
I have a few questions what is the max power this will hold and price. Also what slave cylinder just a stock one is fine? Thanks
LS9X 800 ft-lbs
LS9R 960 ft-lbs

We had to design a custom slave cylinder for this application. We're currently working on getting that into production.

Quick Reply: First LS9X clutch in a C5