Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster lvl 3 vs 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster lvl 3 vs 4

Getting ready to pull the trigger on this new clutch. Thing is I'm undecided on whether I should go lvl 3 or 4. As of now I'm only putting down a little under 400whp, but am building a 408 to throw in the car this winter and will be searching for some form of FI for next summer. I don't drive the car very often, so I figured I'd get a stronger clutch that I will be able to use with the new setup next year. I'm sure the lvl 3 is gonna be stiff has hell already, just wondering how much stiffer and harder to drive the lvl 4 is compared to it since they are the same price.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

No one?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Launching!

from what I've read...level 3 and level 4 are the same...but 4 has a stickier disk...which means it'll grab harder which means you'll be shocking the driveshaft and rear end with that power more than a level 3...so you're more prone to break stuff back there. Also it all depends on what application your using it for. I'd just call up Monster and ask them directly. everyone on here has different opinions but Monster knows exactly what they're built for...so call them.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_TA_EMLC
from what I've read...level 3 and level 4 are the same...but 4 has a stickier disk...which means it'll grab harder which means you'll be shocking the driveshaft and rear end with that power more than a level 3...so you're more prone to break stuff back there. Also it all depends on what application your using it for. I'd just call up Monster and ask them directly. everyone on here has different opinions but Monster knows exactly what they're built for...so call them.
Well said, we'd like to think we know our product better than anyone else The pedal effort is the same between the 3 and 4 as they use the same pressure plate, which is only ~8% stiffer than stock. The 3 is a street/strip clutch, where the 4 was designed more for the track as it uses a disc with a higher coeffecient of friction. Sorry for not seeing ths sooner OP, feel free to give me a call and I can help guide you into the correct clutch. Chris, 817-750-2000