Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

no shift!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no shift!

Hi guys i just installed a Centerforce 23381039 in my car with a oem pressure plate, everything went good exept i cant shift now with car started. I called centerforce and they told me they dont hav a specefiv pressureplate for this disk (???). I bled the slave twice (just my old slave but I put the strap on it, the ones that break when u push the pedal first time). what should i do? new slave-another pressure plate? just some hints to help me out.

thanks!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the car lurch forward if you start the car with it in 1st gear with the clutch pedal down on the floor? MAKE SURE THERE IS NOTHING IN FRONT OF THE CAR IF YOU HAVENT TRIED THIS YET!! And be prepaired to shut the key off if it happens to start and run away.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes it does. with the clutch pedal down in first gear. what does is mean and what is the solution??
Old 06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That means the pressure plate isn't opening far enough to release the clutch. The clutch disk it still rubbing on the pressure plate and flywheel. You will probably need to get the propper pressure plate for that clutch disk unfortunately. There isn't a whole lot you can do with the LT1 clutch fork to increase the pull on the pressure plate. And if you pull it too far you will over extend the pressure plate and damage it.