Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Input Lost the ability to disengage!! Picture inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Input Lost the ability to disengage!! Picture inside

So Friday night I was on my way to the track and I got onto the highway. I went to put the car in 6th gear and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I lost all ability to disengage the cluth. Saturday I went to bleed my clutch and the pedal now feels perfect but it still wouldnt disengage the clutch. I decied to rip the tranny out to investigate and this is what I found....

So the clutch is toast. My question is what should I replace when I'm in there and what brands to get for example, slave cylinder, clutch, clutch master cylinder. Any input is appreciated
Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

I'm on week two on running on the new parts. The clutch I got was a level 2 monster clutch with flywheel, p plate, and all the other fixins. Also got a tick master an a new slave along with a pro 5.0.

The car is a whole world of difference and the level 2 clutch from monster is a very forgiving clutch. With the clutch and new pressure plate the pedal is really stiff but the clutch grabs hard and is forgiving on the mess ups. A very streetable clutch.

Tick sells an entire kit with all of this on their site. Well worth the cash and seems to be working well.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Depends on your mods for the future. If your just going bolt ons and maybe a cam I would go with the ls7 clutch. Its a very reliable/ stock feel clutch that can hold some good power to the wheels.

If your looking at the full H/C/I power-adder and want to spend the money for an excellent product, look at Monster Clutches level 3 or 4. If you go with their premium package it comes with the slave cylinder.

For the master cylinder spend the extra money and go with a tick performance adjustable master cylinder, its damn smooth and its one of the best mods I have ever done.

Go with a sponsor here and you wont regret it, I personally went with Tick and they are great to deal with. There are many other options out there also, just trying to give you my 2 cents on what I have used.

http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...body/clutches/
http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...dy/hydraulics/
Old 06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info.... clutches for these cars are much more expensive that any of my mustangs.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

that failed just like my Perfection/Zoom from advance auto did, along with a few others from there

I replaced mine with TDP's Diamond Stage 2 and I'm very happy, they're very affordable too
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your plans for power mods. We have full line of clutches to choose from that will hold from 450-950rwhp. Feel free to call me and we can discuss in full detail your goals and be sure and get you into the correct clutch and eveything you need to install it. Chris, 817-750-2000
Old 07-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Just got my clutch and tranny put back in lastnight. Car feels great. No agressive driving for the next 500 miles.

Quick Reply: Need Input Lost the ability to disengage!! Picture inside