98 Z28 shifting issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Z28 shifting issues

98 LS1 Z28 M6
94k miles

Did a bunch of stuff to the car, it is having the same problem now as it did before so I'm going to do a before and after. I've only had this car for about 4K miles.

Before: This is the way I bought the car and what I was told. When I pulled the components out they all looked fairly new as I was told
K&N drop in filter
1pc aluminum driveshaft
"newly" replaced stock clutch & flywheel
"new" clutch master cylinder
stainless braided clutch line
"new" slave cylinder

After:
New WAGNER clutch master cylinder
New WAGNER slave cylinder
Had the T56 REBUILT (because of all the horrific grinding)
B&M short throw shifter
Gripforce Stage 3 6puck ceramic clutch
18lb Lightweight flywheel
Skip shift eliminated by tune

Car is STILL not wanting to go into gear unless you hold the pedal down for 1-2 seconds then shift. Grinds if you try shifting even normal without giving it a second between gears. Doesn't matter on the speed.
The only thing not replaceds was the stainless clutch line and I do not see anyway that would cause it not to shift properly. I'm thinking about buying a stock one just to say everythings been replaced. The clutch has been bled very good, I did it myself and then the shop it was tuned at did it also.

My ONLY conclusion is that on this car you HAVE to get the adjustable clutch master cylinder. I tried buying one before doing all this but everywhere I found that sold them were on backorder and it had to be done this week.

Any other suggestions or confirmations?