Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

any body here pro with the t56 if you can figure this one out your a t56 god lol

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any body here pro with the t56 if you can figure this one out your a t56 god lol

Hey guys well i posted a clutch problem about a week ago i changed my slave and my master cylinder bled the system but still have the same problem not sure maybe i need the mity vac but as before i start the car in nuetral will not go into any gear the way its suppose to, i put it in gear while its off and start it the car moves foward while it cranks then it starts and runs but very difficult to get into gear sometimes it will go in the gears when i double press the clutch, but not so easy it still seems to grind the only thing that i havnt changed would be the braided line going from the master to the slave and the rubber one going from the resevoir to the master, i still think its akward how i was driving it perfectly fine the day before.... I came home parked it in the garage next morning try to goto the store it wouldnt go into gear.... Please any advice would be great id hate to drop the tranny again lol
Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

You have air in the system, and your clutch is not disengaging. Your car should never move like that with the clutch pedal in. What exactly did you do to bleed it?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Sorry for the late reply i just got done doing the drill mod, i simply fill the resevoir to the top and crack the bleeder valve push the pedal down till almost to the ground and close the valve then release the pedal pump it a couple times to check the pressure then repeat the process a few times
Old 07-02-2011, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

the bleeding process I have always used is to pump the pedal hold it to the floor, open then close bleeder. repeat until proper operation. are you doing the bleeding by yourself or with help? The reason I ask is, when you let go of the clutch with the bleeder open, you suck air back in. I have used the mityvac and it usually solves all your problems quickly because it pulls the fluid thru.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black96z28
the bleeding process I have always used is to pump the pedal hold it to the floor, open then close bleeder. repeat until proper operation. are you doing the bleeding by yourself or with help? The reason I ask is, when you let go of the clutch with the bleeder open, you suck air back in. I have used the mityvac and it usually solves all your problems quickly because it pulls the fluid thru.
yeah man i did that as well with help from my brother, so now i did the drill mod and there seems to be no kinds of pressure what so ever??? im thinking of just buying th mityvac.....funny because before the drill mod it didnt take so loong to build pressure
Old 07-03-2011, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe your clutch master has taken a dump. It happens.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Really that sucks if it did.... Maybe because ive because ive been pulling it out too many times?....
Old 07-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Hey kenp but i do remember when i was pumping it, it was still shooting alot of fluid out from the bleeder valve..
Old 07-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Well i did the mityvac and have plenty pressure in the pedal and still no luck im so lost guys
Old 07-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Maybe a bent clutch?
Old 07-03-2011, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSXFEIN
Well i did the mityvac and have plenty pressure in the pedal and still no luck im so lost guys
Originally Posted by LSXFEIN
Maybe a bent clutch?
This is highly doubtful. ^^^

I guess a question to ask, I realize that you probably cant remember, but does the clutch pedal feel different now(with the pressure) than it did before you replaced anything? Can you feel the clutch release? IF not, then look into the slave cylinder.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Launching!

It does feel like it wants to disengage but just not properly
Old 07-04-2011, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

Did u check to see if u needed a shim for ur clutch? Not sure what clutch you have.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Yes spook it had a shim behind the slave but im running a spec stage 3+ clutch
Old 07-04-2011, 05:24 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like you have really gotten a lot of air in the system now. Your running a spec so you should be running the shim correct? If so, and everything is new like it should be when replacing a clutch in these cars then follow these instructions and you should start seeing some kind of a difference.

-Fill the reservoir and put the cap back on (this creates the vacuum you need)
-push the clutch pedal down once and hold then have someone open the bleeder then close it
-now pump the pedal 25-30 times (some will disagree, but this has always worked for me and some others) and hold then crack the bleeder again. It should spit and sputter audibly. Check fluid
-close the bleeder and repeat until it's just straight fluid coming out without any air noises. Keep a check on your fluid after every other crack of the bleeder
-you should feel some pedal by the 3rd-5th cycle depending on how much air you have already gotten in the system

After you get it bled, take it out and beat on it, then bring it back and do the bleed process again. It'll be good to go then.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Launching!

I bled it with the mityvac 3 times
Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Did it work? Sometimes it may require both methods of the old way and the mityvac. I've never had to use a mityvac on mine, but used it on some other cars just to see and to be honest, it always seemed to get that extra lil bit out, but never did the whole job. What I mean is do the old method, then when you've gotten most of the air out, use the mityvac to get the rest out. Also dont pull more than 15 on the gauge or you'll damage the seals on your slave cylinder and be pulling the tranny again.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Ok ill try that and woops i was pulling a bit over 15 :/
Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Launching!

I just tried both ways but no luck the clutch pedal is now solid atleast
Old 07-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Well peep i took it for it drive but its still bad im just gonna pull the clutch whats a good clutch because apparently spec sucks

Quick Reply: any body here pro with the t56 if you can figure this one out your a t56 god lol