Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Very random grinding

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very random grinding

My car very occasionally grinds going into 1st and 3rd. Both started around the same time and this car is not driven that hard compared to others, although its drive alot. It will grind going into 1st and 3rd but maybe on every 25th shift. The worst is the shift into 1st from neutral, sounds like I'm not even using the clutch. Any ideas? One year old clutch.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I ordered my clutch last year I also ordered a tick master. The master was on backorder so it never got installed but the old one was working so I wasn't worried. Tried installing the tick today and unfortunately it did not solve my problem. I'm guessing I might be looking at a rebuild. Anyone?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you've got our kit correctly adjusted by trying the rev test:

1) Make sure your car is on 100% flat, level ground.
2) Start the car, and shift into first gear.
3) With your foot still on the clutch, rev the car to the upper RPMs, all the way to redline.

If the car creeps forward at all, you aren't getting a full disengagement of the clutch and you need to go back, re-bleed and readjust our kit.

If the car doesn't creep forward at all, you've got some internal transmission damage that'll require a rebuild. Our T56 Rebuild pricing is here: http://www.tick-performance.com/tick...ackages/fbody/

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: Very random grinding