Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My McLeod RXT Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My McLeod RXT Review

First off, I am getting ready to piece together a Heads and Cam set-up with a shot of nitrous on an 02 SS. So its obvious I need a decent clutch.
After owning a previous F-body with a SPEC stage 3 clutch, I figured I needed something better suited for daily driving. That clutch chattered like a **** and had a pretty stiff pedal.
So fast forward 7 years later and I am in the market for a good clutch. After reading, comparing, losing hours of sleep, as to which clutch I should go with, I pulled the trigger on the McLeod RXT and I'm sure glad I did.

The Run down:
RXT clutch Kit
McLeod Steel Flywheel
New Slave Cylinder
New Pilot Bearing
Tick Remote Bleeder
Prestone Dot 3 for the Clutch Fluid
Castrol Tranny fluid

First Impressions:
I couldn't even tell the new clutch was in.

Pedal Feel:
Pretty close to stock, maybe a tad lighter pedal feel.

Clutch Engagement:
Right at stock location. I read some peoples released a little "high" but mine was good to go. No Shim Installed.

Behavior of the clutch during 500 mile break-in:
The break in period went smoothly, with only experiencing very very light chatter from a stop, on a handful of times. During light accel. the throw out bearing gives a slight rattle around 2,000 Rpm for a slight second. Maybe this is due to the clutch being less forgiving than the stocker. Maybe rear gears and more power might fix this(I dunno).

After break in:
I absolutely love this thing. Anything you throw at it, it will perform to what you want. Slipping, slight dumps, fulls, power shifting, it performs extremely well. Just normal DD conditions you dont even know its there, whether its city driving, high traffic, or normal cruising. The gearbox does feel a little notchier, but thats due to so, so, tranny fluid.

In conclusion, I rate this clutch a respectable 10 out 10 for the things I have mentioned above. I would definetely buy another one of these in a heartbeat. If your in a bind for choosing a clutch, I would say save up more money and get yourself an RXT!

Kev
Old 07-24-2011, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. I love mine too.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6 SRT-8
I agree. I love mine too.
Its a badass clutch for sure. Dual disk FTW!

Quick Reply: My McLeod RXT Review