Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal stuck ? So much to explain

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal stuck ? So much to explain

Okay first of all I replaced the slave cylinder on the first of july of this year .

Just last night driving home , going normal speed , I went to shift I pressed in my clutch pedal and it did a little pop . I released the pedal and went to push it in again and my clutch pedal stopped * I MEAN STOPPED * would not let me press it to the floor or anything . It was hard as a rock . The car was still started and had some rattle in the bellhousing area * As if the clutch fork was loose * ( now I dont know if they are supposed to have a certain area of play ) but anywho . Ended up having it towed home .

Today I went to mess with it , pulled off the slave cylinder and pressed it in and what not to see if it was stuck by hand . Worked fine , got in the car pressed in the pedal and just had a little play then pressed harder and it free'd up . Then I put the slave cylinder back on and it ended up doing the same thing * being hard * . I am going to replaced the slave cylinder tommorow ( since I have a warranty ) But I think it might be deeper then that ! As in like the clutch fork or throw out bearing .

Advice or comments would be great !