Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Replacing stock clutch to LS7 clutch

Old 08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacing stock clutch to LS7 clutch

I am wanting to replace my clutch with the LS7 clutch. I am just looking on the WS6store's website because i dont live too far from their shop, and they have the LS7 clutch package i am wanting and all the stuff i am wanting to change when i replace it. Here is what i had in mind.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...pping_cart.php

incase the link doesnt work here's the list

GM LS7 Clutch Package, (Pressure Plate, Disc & Flywheel)
98-02 LS1 F-Body Tick Performance Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder
98-02 LS1 GM Pilot Bearing
98-02 LS1 Ram Slave Cylinder

to a grand total of $925

My friend is able to get about a 20% discount through Arnolds motor supply. now my question is will Arnolds have these exact parts/packages?? and with my friends discount would the savings be worth it if i have to wait on the parts?? and another factor will be what their prices are too.

So what do you guys think?? and if there is anything that i am missing from the above list let me know! as you can see im going to replace everything. I see it as go big or go home!! lol

thanks for the help!!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Arnold's probably wouldn't have the master cylinder or the ram slave cylinder.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd ask Mike at the WS6 store about a Level 1 Monster Premium kit as it includes everything you need(pilot bearing, release bearing and slave cylinder) can hold more power than an LS7 and doesn't require a Tick adjustable master. If you want a Tick, I'd check with them as they're having a sale on our clutches. Combine the Level 1 with a lightweight 18lb flywheel and free up ~10rwhp over the LS7 as well. Let me know if you have any questions. Chris, 817-750-2000
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

I want the Tick master cylider to solve the sticky clutch peddle when shifting quickly. and the ram slave because im gonna assume its better than just the stock replacement.

I am wanting the LS7 clutch because i have read that its very streetable and it holds with good power ( correct me if im wrong ).

Now work is going very well for me and my buddy thats helping me with the clutch install is pushing me to do a Heads and cam set up. to hopefully make around 420 rwhp. I am assuming the LS7 clutch will hold that no problem since a stock ls7 vette is making roughly that same rwhp. and i have seen guys with H/C on a ls1 with the ls7 clutch doing just fine.

If there is something here that you think i should change or do differently let me know, any input is very helpful!!

thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 02:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by benji's_z28
I want the Tick master cylider to solve the sticky clutch peddle when shifting quickly. and the ram slave because im gonna assume its better than just the stock replacement.

I am wanting the LS7 clutch because i have read that its very streetable and it holds with good power ( correct me if im wrong ).

Now work is going very well for me and my buddy thats helping me with the clutch install is pushing me to do a Heads and cam set up. to hopefully make around 420 rwhp. I am assuming the LS7 clutch will hold that no problem since a stock ls7 vette is making roughly that same rwhp. and i have seen guys with H/C on a ls1 with the ls7 clutch doing just fine.

If there is something here that you think i should change or do differently let me know, any input is very helpful!!

thanks
The sticky pedal isn't always caused by the master, there are numerous things that cause this.

Our slaves are OE GM units, I wouldn't assume anything, call and make sure of what it is!

Our Level 1 will hold the power without question and drive just like a stock unit with a slightly stiffer pedal (roughly 5-7% stiffer), the LS7 has been proven in few and has failed in many.

The guys out at Tick have package deals right now that include their master with a Monster of your choice, check out their site!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dump the LS7 idea, I'am not a ***** for monster but Chris is right the stage 1 with the 18lb fly will do the job better. Make sure you use a GM slave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tick has a killer deal going and will save you $
Old 08-18-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would go with the monster level 1 as well. It is what I hope to go with whenever the time comes for me to change my clutch. A few local guys tried the Ls7 kit and slip it one time and it never held again.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Should i use the GM slave on any clutch i choose?? or should i get something different/better? or is there another brand better??

Now my brother is telling me to go this route

http://www.tickperformance.com/produ...3A-800%29.html

Im open to other options besides just the ls7/monster lvl 1. I realize its a bit more pricey but again with the whole go big or go home motto lol

keep the ideas coming!! its helping because i know now that the ls7 isnt the route to go with if i plan a heads/cam swap.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Th GM slave is what nearly every transmission company on this board recommends and I'd trust Tick, RPM, and TDP's word over pretty much everyone else's.

As for clutches, Monster's level 1 or 2 is my recommendation. I like my lvl 2 though because I can grow into it if/when I decide to move up to a 4xx cube stroker or even if I just do a sprayed H/C/I on the stock ls1.

Also purchased mine through ticks package deal. If you are doing their master (I did), it'd be the way to go. Knocks a few bucks off the total (especially with their sale if it is still going).
Old 08-19-2011, 12:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I think a Level 1 Monster clutch with our Master Cylinder is the smartest, best bang-for-your-buck route to take. Our current promotion is here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-aug-26-a.html
Old 08-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

does that sale work on the level 2 also or just the level 1?? i thinking since the level 2 is only $50 more, why not go with it?
Old 08-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

sorry im retarded lol i now see you can choose the level you want
Old 08-23-2011, 02:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by benji's_z28
sorry im retarded lol i now see you can choose the level you want
The choice is all yours!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing stock clutch to LS7 clutch