Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T-56 Question

I've gotten into a major major project. I've completely gutted the car, new motor, full cage, computer is gone, (into a carb & distributor setup now). So now with the computer and all the wiring gone, there are two plugs (maybe 3) on the T-56 which used to have plugs going to them. I believe one was the reverse lockout and maybe one was the neutral safety switch. Now there is nothing going to these plugs. Is this going to present me with a problem? And if so, how to I go about fixing the problem? Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Default t-56

call any sponsors for trannys on here there are plugs made of aluminum for your reverse lockout [rear by shifter] skip shift middle left,and you can probably get a pipe plug or small bolt for backup lights milldl trans right....
Old 08-23-2011, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are 4 plugs on an F-body T56. On the tail housing you have the speed sensor and the reverse lockout. You can wire the reverse locking solenoid to your brake pedal switch. This will turn the solenoid off and allow you to easily put the shifter into reverse. The plug on the top driver side of the transmission is the skip shift. Since you no longer have the stock ECM in the car you can just leave his unhook and it will do nothing. The plug on the passenger side of the transmission near the front is the reverse light switch. This switch won't effect anything but your reverse lights. Just leave all the sensors you aren't using in the transmission to plug the holes. This will not hurt anything or cause the transmission to act weird. The only issue you will have if you don't hook up the reverse lock out soleniod is the shifter will be hard to get into reverse. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
There are 4 plugs on an F-body T56. On the tail housing you have the speed sensor and the reverse lockout. You can wire the reverse locking solenoid to your brake pedal switch. This will turn the solenoid off and allow you to easily put the shifter into reverse. The plug on the top driver side of the transmission is the skip shift. Since you no longer have the stock ECM in the car you can just leave his unhook and it will do nothing. The plug on the passenger side of the transmission near the front is the reverse light switch. This switch won't effect anything but your reverse lights. Just leave all the sensors you aren't using in the transmission to plug the holes. This will not hurt anything or cause the transmission to act weird. The only issue you will have if you don't hook up the reverse lock out soleniod is the shifter will be hard to get into reverse. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Just the information I was looking for. Thank you very much, I'm sure I will be calling you.