Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird issue/clutch pedal!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird issue/clutch pedal!!!

so i was cruising down the interstate and i was doing a 3-4 shift at around 4,000 RPMS getting ready to merge onto the interstate when my tires lock up as soon as i let out on the clutch. as soon as i felt it i pushed the clutch in and immediately pulled off the road. i checked underneath the car and found nothing obvious.

i got back in the car and put it in first and started to drive as if nothing ever happened. it drives absolutely fine now other than my clutch pedal feels really soft.

the fluid was pretty dirty so me and my buddy bled the clutch until all new fluid was in. the clutch pedal pumps back full in 5 or 6 pumps but its still super soft. not leaking any fluids or having any issues getting into gears or shifting quick. no clutch slipping or grinding noises or anything also.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I can tell you now that when your tires locked up it was because you missed 4th and put it in 2nd (which we have all done) ,,, causing high increase in RPMS and the risk of damage, because the tires are moving faster than the transmission will in 2nd. If the pedal is still soft, try bleeding the system again, it is a complete PITA in these cars, Just a fraction of air and the system does not work worth a flip. If this does not help I would suspect the slave,,
Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RPM's never raised tho? the tires just locked up... i wasnt banging a gear when it happened i shifted normal. im going to try and drain the res up top and clean the whole system out and replace with some dot4.

Search this Thread