Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch will not engage

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch will not engage

i recently installed a monster stage iii with light weight flywheel. after install, the clutch grabbed 1/2 inch off floor. rebled clutch and got a little better. while going through break in period the shifter started to grind a little going into gears. the problem gradually got worse. to the point where my clutch will not go into gear at all. with the car off it moves freely in and out. just put in new master cylinder and bled with mightyvac. slave cylinder is about 2 years old. the clutch had some chatter, i was told that was somewhat normal with a six puck disk. one of my mechanics insists its the clutch disk. the other insists its air in the lines. there is no fluid leaks. i don't know how much more detail i can give to get the best advice possible. i will try to rebleed tommorrow the manual way.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a tranny problem, mine did something similar after i installed a new clutch. Long story short all my sycros and keys were worn/bent
Old 09-04-2011, 07:35 AM

You might need new clutch or have a tranny problem like the other guy said. Is your clutch master cylinder stock?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Teching In

my tranny is a newly rebuilt t56 installed last october. the clutch has 800 miles on it and i just installed a new master cylinder this weekend. lost the o-ring on the hydraulic line that connects to the slave side. can't find the right one. size/material.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have an adjustable master?