Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How to use tickmaster speedbleeder

Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to use tickmaster speedbleeder

Hey guys just installed a level 5 Monster, how do you use the tickmaster remote speedbleeder? I tried but I went through a whole big bottle of dot and the Pedal is still very soft. It is a stock master and there are no leaks at the input of the slave. I do have fluid moveing through the system and the resivor continues to go down when I pump the pedal. Do you need to put the other end into fluid when you bleed? not sure. Also I thought the nipple end was a one way valve how do you stop the fluid from moving forward once the system is blead. Not sure on any of this but I am sure there are many of you out there that use this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I installed my Speed Bleeder (along with Level 3 Monster and a TICK Adj. MC) I had my brother help me while bleeding it. I would pump up the Pedal and he would crack the Valve on the Bleeder Line, the pedal would go to the floor and then he would re-tighten the valve (I don't believe its a One-way valve). Then I would pump the pedal again and repeat the process until we had perfectly clean fluid with no air. (Just like when you bleed brakes.) As you know, just be sure to monitor the Fluid Level in the Reservoir so it doesn't run dry.

The Speed Bleeder could very well make it a one man job if you run the end of the Bleeder into the Cabin of the car. This would allow you to pump the pedal and open and close the valve at the appropriate times. Otherwise I would ask for some help from a friend and try the method I mentioned above. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The point of the speedbleeder is that you dont have to keep opening and closing it. Just crack it once and pump the pedal, then close it when ur done. I attach a piece of tubing to the bleeder, then put it into a bottle from there. I use clear tubing so that I can see if there are any bubbles coming out and if the fluid is clean. You will only get 2-3 pumps before you need to refill the reservoir.

Ryan
Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Im pretty sure that if you dont close the valve and its not submurged in fluid or ran back to the resevoir you can definitley suck air back in. The speed bleeder is just to relocate the bleed point so its not on the side of the trans and a pain in the *** to get to...
Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Launching!

send them a message on here, these guys are local to me and they are very insightful on anything u ask them
Old 10-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Oh and try the JMD method (search). I was bleeding mine every weekend for about a month the normal way until I tried that and havnt bled it since. I just used some long clear tube I had since the spark plug boot trick isnt neccessary with a speed bleeder.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no problem bleeding mine without closing the valve. Mine definitely doesn't suck back in. I leave mine looped up high with the clear tube so that fluid is still on the other side of the bleeder. But the level doesn't go down when I let the pedal up. Maybe some other ones or even earlier made ones didn't have the speedbleeder. Maybe they had a regular one. That could be a problem
Old 10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

its just like bleeding brakes.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to clarify, our Remote SPEEDbleeder Lines are just that - Speed Bleeders! There is no need to open & close the valve every time the pedal is pumped. Our line is advertised as enabling bleeding to be a "one man job" because it's not 100% necessary to have somebody helping you bleed.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...to-ls1-f-body/

The very first version of our SPEEDbleeder Line required submersion for proper function, but the version we've been selling for 3+ years (pictured on our site above) doesn't require submersion at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to use tickmaster speedbleeder