Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Faceplated T56/SPEC 5/SFI Bell- Installed

Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Faceplated T56/SPEC 5/SFI Bell- Installed

I got everything in yesterday and went for a drive. Had some issues getting the the input shaft of the tranny to seat. Ended up loosening the clutch on the flywheel in order for the input shaft to get in and tightened them one at a time. That SPEC 5 is no joke. The McLoud SFI bell housing is a solid 30lb's. This is a nice peice and I was very lucky all the machining and fitment was done by the previous owner.

All In all, I really do like this setup. If you have never driven or rode in a car thats been faceplated, everything feels and sounds like it's broken. After about an hour of driving, I finally have it down for the most part. I found that is you don't need to downshift, dont. If your in 4th of 5th coming to stop, put the car in neutrel and coast to a stop. Shifting the car fast is effortless. I'm still using the clutch in full motion for now and will try to get a little more aggressive next year. I honestly don't want to break it for a 3rd time this year.

Below is a quick video of regular street driving with downdownshifts to give you an idea of what it's like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAfWt-5L5g
Old 11-06-2011, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wishing I would have just went with a faceplated set up. lol
Old 11-06-2011, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Cool video. How much you have in that trans? Cant wait to have mine faceplated.

Search this Thread