Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master and nomore cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick Master and nomore cruise control

I own a C5 Corvette from 1999.
I had a ls7 clutch installed with Remotce bleeder and tick master adjustable.
The car came back perfect except th clutce pedal was way too long course.

So I shortened the course of the pedal so I have much less course of the pedal after I have engaged gear. It is now a little under the brake peda levell. It is perfect as it allows me faster gear change with no effort and it goes very well with my Mgw short shifter.

However, I have lost my cruise control. I suppose there is a sensor that detects the pedal is too much down and disengage the cruise control.

Do you know anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

Last edited by BossV8; 12-04-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you have to get under there, undo the clutch sensor switch and screw it out so it is longer. Basically you are not depressing the switch enough when your clutch is not engaged. That is why you make the switch longer by unscrewing it out so it will be depressed more. I am not familiar with C5's under the dash but once you get the panels off you will see its pretty straight forward you just have to figure out how to get the switch off the bracket and then it will unscrew more.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Teching In

Thank you. Any idea were I could find a picture of it?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Teching In

i think I found something on another forum. But it seems for a C4.

Originally Posted by Hooked on Vettes
If you look at the plunger end of the switch you'll see it has many rings around it like a thread on a bolt. If you physically move (pull on or push on) the switch, the rings move in or out of the switch retainer. You hear a clicking noise as the rings are moved through the switch retainer.

To adjust the switch.

Hold clutch pedal fully rearward against pedal stop and push the switch into the retainer until stopped by the clutch pedal and audible click sound stops.

Since you installed a new clutch master cylinder, when the clutch pedal is fully released and you manually try and pull upward on the pedal, there should be no play. If there is, something is not allowing the pedal to fully retract which could be causing your switch adjustment problem.

Because you do have some play when the clutch pedal is fully released, you can adjust the switch by holding the clutch pedal away from the switch. Push the switch inward till the clicking stops. Slowly release the pedal and as the pedal is pulled towards the switch it will push the switch back out of the retainer and adjust the switch to the proper position.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Teching In

I have found the switch. And the reason why my cruise control doesn't engage is that the button is not pressed (closed) when my clutch pedal is on the upper position. Now, I can't figure a way to change it.
On my switch, the "rings" part is much smaller than the one on the picture (like 1 centimeter). I don't know how to extend it.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On an F-body it just screws in and out I believe. I had to remove the clutch pedal switch from its bracket in order to adjust it in and out. There was like a retainer clip I had to remove in order to get it to come loose. After that I just unscrewed it some more and put it back with the retainer clip and no problems. If you keep dickin with it I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Thank you for your help.

I will report back when I am done.

Right now, my neck is hurting too much because of the time spent on my head!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I JUST did this, maybe 4 minutes ago on my wife's 00 WS.6.

When you get under the dash, look up to the upper part of the clutch pedal.. Youll see an off-white switch assembly. On the side of the bracket closest to the pedal assembly, there is two big tabs. Push them in, and slide the switch out. Then just spin that nut down until it sits up against the clutch pedal as it should.

I hope that helps.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
I JUST did this, maybe 4 minutes ago on my wife's 00 WS.6.

When you get under the dash, look up to the upper part of the clutch pedal.. Youll see an off-white switch assembly. On the side of the bracket closest to the pedal assembly, there is two big tabs. Push them in, and slide the switch out. Then just spin that nut down until it sits up against the clutch pedal as it should.

I hope that helps.
I will have another look. I did not see that on my Corvette, it seems. I will check again.

thanks.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Good to know as I just ordered a Tick MC for my WS6.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Tick Master and nomore cruise control