Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

weak clutch pedal and other issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weak clutch pedal and other issues

I recently bought a 98 SS, previous owner said he had replaced the master cylinder after the pedal stuck to the floor. The car drove fine for a couple weeks and then i started noticing slight grinding getting into 4th and 2nd sometimes and heavy grinding trying to shift at high rpm

I am also not able to put the car in reverse without hitting another gear first..once i put it into gear first it will slide right into reverse, Im not sure what causes this??

at this point the car has 86k and everything on the trans is stock besides the recently replaced master. Im thinking its time to replace the slave and if I drop the trans im going to go ahead and do a new clutch while im there.

IM sure bleeding the hell out of it and doing the drill mod would get me a little more life out of the clutch but at this point im ready for an upgrade(monster stage 2 and tick master).

Am i overlooking a simple solution to this or am I right in thinking replacing everything will fix my problem as I dont want to be that guy that spends months trying to figure out whats wrong with a 86k mile stock clutch and hydraulics

thanks for all advice in advance
Old 12-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Could this be a synchro issue?? really hoping its just hydraulics
Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Teching In

any ideas??
Old 12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully it's just a hydraulic problem, and bad hydraulics haven't done internal damage to the transmission. The Monster Clutch upgrade with our Master is a great idea, and we sell them packaged together at a discounted price: http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...camaro-firebird/

You can read more about how to test to tell whether your clutch is fully disengaging or not here: http://tick-performance.com/images/tickshiftfaq.html

Best of luck!

Quick Reply: weak clutch pedal and other issues