Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Another clutch issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another clutch issue

Recently replaced the complete clutch system on my '99 Trans AM.
Spec disk and PP and pilot
OEM flywheel
OEM slave and TOB (from Monster)
speedbleed (from Monster)
Perfection master (from Advanced)

I now have a few issues.
-Vibration between 1.5k and 2k RPM's (kit was balanced)
-Chattering noise sometimes ( I got under the car and could replicate the noise by tapping the exhaust pipe. Sometimes it is there sometimes it isn't. There regardless of clutch being engaged/disengaged.)
-Very hard (just about impossible) to get the car into gear on start up. As I drive, forcing the car into gear shifting becomes better but never gets perfectly smooth
-car wants to drive forward with the clutch fully disengaged (gets better as I drive as well)
-Pedal sometimes does not come up fully but never drops completely either
-speedbleed line sometimes leaks thru bleeder valve

The system has been bled several times a few different ways.
The only issues I had during install were the pilot bearing not going completely flush. there was a small lip and stripped the threads for one slave bolt. I just put some lock tight and tightened it as best I could.

I did measure for the shim and measurements said slave was not needed.

Video of the "chatter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE9sD...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by ageorge7; 12-09-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vibration that is balance related will typically become worse as RPM's increase. You seem to be seeing the vibration occur in a small window which would lead me to check other things (heat-shield rattle, something contacting the drive-shaft, motor or trans mount, lose shifter, etc...). If you are seeing the bleeder valve leak fluid then it could also easily be injesting air which will affect the hydraulic system. Keep in mind that a damaged pilot can cause issues with clutch release and so too could a damaged slave (you stated that yours is cracked). You have a number of things to check. Keep me posted and I will be happy to help with more info. Thanks!